Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandbag trainers? page

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member

Sandbag trainers?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wat is the best one to possibly purchase. They look interesting to me but i don't know which brand is the best. I have looked into making my own but im all for convenience right now and don;t want to go through the hassle.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    There is very little hassle in building a sandbag and the ones already available are pricey. I put mine together for less then $30. I ordered a large canvas duffle which was the most expensive part at $25 shipped to my door. I then took 100lbs worth of water softener salt I had sitting around and broke it up into 20lb batches. I double bagged that in contractor trash bags which are a heavier mil then regular trash bags, made sure to get most of the air out and then duct taped them closed. I have been using it for almost a year with no problems yet.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

La.C is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    There is very little hassle in building a sandbag and the ones already available are pricey. I put mine together for less then $30. I ordered a large canvas duffle which was the most expensive part at $25 shipped to my door. I then took 100lbs worth of water softener salt I had sitting around and broke it up into 20lb batches. I double bagged that in contractor trash bags which are a heavier mil then regular trash bags, made sure to get most of the air out and then duct taped them closed. I have been using it for almost a year with no problems yet.
    Which duffel do you use for this. I currently use a top loading army issue duffel. It is too big for the fill that I have in it, and when I want to go heavier, it will be too unwieldy for me to deal with. I plan to go your route with the contractor GB/filler/duct tap to make an adjustable bag my next go around, but I need a good duffel. Preferably one with handles.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    I filled mine with wood fire pellets....very dense so it has a good weight...not as floppy as I would like but a nice awkward shape to move.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    It is entirely possible to make your own sandbag and lots of people who follow my Sandbag Fitness blog do so. If you do want to buy a custom made sandbag then the Brute Force Sandbag is the best available, IMO.

Brute Force Europe: The best sandbags for strength and conditioning
    Brute Force Sandbags

I've been training almost exclusively with sandbags for the past year now so let me know if you have any specific questions. Matt

Dan208 is offline Senior Member
    I currently use a top loading army issue duffel.
    This is what I use as well. I need to rebuild mine, and plan on using cat litter (it's cheap and pre-weighed).

wesrman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    I filled mine with wood fire pellets....very dense so it has a good weight
    Same here. Wood pellets work great!
    Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.
    -Rick Warren

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Mine has sand only and I bought a duffel bag from an army surplus store, not a top loading one.

I'm still only at around 70lbs for zercher squats. I know it sounds hella weak but holding that shit up is a big challenge. Best "ab" workout ever. Get Coach Palfrey's free e-book too.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    $150+ for a sand bag? I'm constantly amazed at our species ability to over-complicate anything and everything!

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by La.C View Post
    Which duffel do you use for this. I currently use a top loading army issue duffel. It is too big for the fill that I have in it, and when I want to go heavier, it will be too unwieldy for me to deal with. I plan to go your route with the contractor GB/filler/duct tap to make an adjustable bag my next go around, but I need a good duffel. Preferably one with handles.
    Yeah I have a top loading duffle. It is supposed to be unwieldy otherwise you might as well go do free weights. Hanldes are defeating the whole purpose. There is no better grip training then trying to grab some canvas on a bag constantly shifts shape and form. If you want handles then you are going to have to drop +$100 on a professional bag.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast