Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandbag trainers? page 2

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I use my Marine Corps sea Bags. . At Home depot I can buy 60 pound tubes of sand(designed to store on wheel wells of trucks for traction) that I simply add to the sandbag I bet I coultget 4 in there if I were a masocist monster but 2 is all I need for now as it is squirmy and fun. If I want to do some clean pressess for something different that bag is sitting in the garage ready to use.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    Yeah I have a top loading duffle. It is supposed to be unwieldy otherwise you might as well go do free weights. Hanldes are defeating the whole purpose. There is no better grip training then trying to grab some canvas on a bag constantly shifts shape and form. If you want handles then you are going to have to drop +$100 on a professional bag.
    see i'd want one with handles. is there a way i could finagle some handles on a duffle bag

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I have a top loading duffle. It is supposed to be unwieldy otherwise you might as well go do free weights. Hanldes are defeating the whole purpose. There is no better grip training then trying to grab some canvas on a bag constantly shifts shape and form. If you want handles then you are going to have to drop +$100 on a professional bag.
    The handles are there to offer an alternative to free weights so people can get a good workout without having to have lots of different bits of equipment (if they want to). As far as handles "defeating the whole purpose" - I'd say it depends on why people are using a sandbag in the first place. I train with sandbags A LOT and I'd say handles are a good idea for some things and not so much for others so it's good to have the option.

If you want a bag without handles then you can go for this:

https://www.bruteforcesandbags.com/S...on=show_detail

Or this:

https://www.bruteforcesandbags.com/S...on=show_detail

La.C is offline Member
    I might as well use free weights except for the fact that I don't have free weights, I have sandbags. I am looking for an affordable, highly versatile piece of exercise equipment and a sandbag with handles fits the bill nicely.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    see i'd want one with handles. is there a way i could finagle some handles on a duffle bag
    Find soemone with a sewing machine that can do canvas and triple stitch some handles onto a bag. You could probably get it done for less then $50 if you were so inclined. Go forth and enjoy your handles.

I am looking for the cheapest alternative to all these things and the cost to having handles just doesn't justify the benefit for me. I can grab a bag just as well without handles and it really improves my grip. I think that is what we miss most when doing the LHT. We find ways to hold on to the heavy things without improving grip strength. I would say that my grip strength is far better now from doing pull ups, hanging leg lifts, and the handleless sandbag then it ever was when I was doing free weights.

Just my 2 cents and it should be taken as such and not gospel. YMMV.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12