Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Road From Serfdom page 5

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nice 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night.

Looking forward to the weekend and the weekend tennis. What better way to prepare than doing some off court preparation?

Lunch time work out today:
    Some sprint work (10 sets of 30 sec sprint + 30 sec rest) and some steady running. A total of 5K in 23 minutes. Followed by
    a) lunges with medicine ball core rotation (think classical tennis strokes: step forward, rotate hips, swing through the ball) &
    b) "usain bolt" lunges. dumbells in your hands, hands by your sides, go to lunge position, jump and switch legs to get back to lunge position. i saw once usain bolt doing these and so i call these usain bolt lunges.

So, all in all, good off court tennis training.
    Few but ripe.

Good to be back after a forced break.

All is well and i have been keeping primal mostly. The weight has steadily decreased to 163 lbs. Tennis is improving. The mind is clear. Family is happy.

I am sure this has been posted elsewhere. I came across this recently and since the source is "mainstream", i guess it could be useful to cite to people hung up on references from branded sources.

Carbs against Cardio: More Evidence that Refined Carbohydrates, not Fats, Threaten the Heart: Scientific American

The idea of attending medical school keeps coming up at an alarming frequency. I am starting to read mroe biology and health sciences related books (currently, "Music of Life" by Dennis Noble).

Perhaps i am a bit old. May be age does not matter. Lets see how this goes.
    Few but ripe.

I am up at 3:20 AM!

Last night, i had my first non-primal meal in a while. The wheat bread ("nan") was the non-primal part. After about 3 hours of tennis, i gave in and said, "OK, lets do this and feel shit".

Here i am, consumed with guilt almost equal to the guilt i felt when i thought about somebody else's woman.
    Which, incidentally, makes me think if i am becoming too religious. So religious that any deviations makes you rot in hell and gets you eternally laughed upon in the primal-funny-moment thread.

George Carlin - Religion is bullshit. - YouTube
    Few but ripe.

Wow, it has been nearly a month!

I have had a few departures from the primal way of eating. Perhaps i felt a bit guilty and hid from this forum : ).
    However, i congratulate myself to be aware of the departures and to bring myself back on track.

I broke the 160 lb barrier. Despite a few grain loaded carb devouring, i seem to shed weight gradually.

I am working hard on tennis. Training to get better at short, explosive movement. I had always trained long slow distance before. Now i realize that tennis is all about the first 2 or 3 explosive movements. Endurance helps obviously. But, it certainly has its limited utility.
    Few but ripe.

I have been away from my journal for nearly 6 months!
    On the other hand, maintaining a journal for 3 months straight is something of an achievement for me.

As the ticker says, i am at 160 lbs at roughly 12% BF. I am not 100% primal anymore. Perhaps 85-90%.
    Training for an endurance event to raise $ for a charity has sort of disturbed the equilibrium.

However i am fortunate to have come across this community. It has been nearly 10 months since i started the Primal experiment. I have lost weight pretty quickly and i have been able to keep it stable in spite of recent transgressions. From the journal entry i can see that i was 163 in middle of February. This has been the most successful, least painful of all the weight-loss experiments i have tried.

I am going to try to record my thoughts in this journal at least once a week.
    Few but ripe.

Must say the whole preparation for and participation in a trail running race has thrown me off the primal life style. I am now +5 lbs with all the carb loading in the name of preparation and a pair of battered knees.

Gotta get back in track.
    Few but ripe.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Grains and sugar are creeping on me.

I am sure many have gone through this phase. Perhaps i just need to suck it up, summon will power, grit my teeth and start again.
    Few but ripe.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345