Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pull ups - advice please page 2

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Awww that kids comment is really encouraging in making me want to master pullups before next summer! Gonna work harder on that now haha

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    Cheers for the advice guys. I don't want to wimp out, and I'm getting that pull ups are super important. Not sure I'm brave enough to attempt pull ups in a public park....my upper body strength is pretty rubbish just now. The issue with my doors is that they're not very solid and the walls are mostly flimsy partition walls so I have grave doubts that a pull up bar will take my weight and not bring half of the doorframe/wall down. I'm wondering whether a TRX type system might do the trick instead?
    Yeah if you've got a place to hang them from then sure, you can loop a bar through whatever you're using for handles. Bam, trapeze artist.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
    Find a tree with a low limb, or go to a school and use the playground.
    +1 on the tree. My size prevents the use of the door frame options, the big oak in my back yard has worked out well.

Demondrills is a great source of parkour-related stuff, courtesy of them...

wesrman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    +1 on the tree. My size prevents the use of the door frame options, the big oak in my back yard has worked out well.
    Awesome! I like your no excuses attitude. If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.
    Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.
    -Rick Warren

I saw on other videos that some kids in Israel had made pull up bars by simply attaching long poles in between trees, securing them just with rope looped around in an X fashion many times over. I wonder if that would raise issues in America? There's a park by my gf's house that would be perfect for this, and maybe people wouldn't even really notice. I'm sure the second somebody got wind of it they'd stop it, because this country sucks.

haraldfather is offline Junior Member
    You can start by doing horizontal pulls lying under a table. Should keep you busy for a while.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks....I reckon the horizontal pull ups will keep me busy for ages judging by my feeble upper body strength. Then, come the spring, I'll hopefully be strong and brave enough to bully my running partner into some pull ups in the kiddies playground.....after I've made her do sprints with me too. She won't know what has hit her :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12