Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nutrition and hair/skin/etc. page

Clymb is offline Senior Member

Nutrition and hair/skin/etc.

Primal Fuel
    Are there any certain nutrition-oriented things I should "do" to help with skin and hair?? I know all about fish and fats and all that, and I feel like for the most part my skin is better since being more strictly primal, though I feel like I'm getting more bumps (I don't want to say pimples since they're really small and not too noticeable) since cutting dairy, and my hair has just been a disaster (I've posted about it on here before), as in it's oily AND it has dandruff. I used to take cod liver oil but it seems to make me bruise easily. Is there anything I can do? I'm really anti-unnatural hair and skin products, but if I get too desperate I may have to go there. Everyone still seems to think I look good, but I (more than anything) just want to know WHY all this has happened, especially AFTER eliminating dairy :/

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Do you have much bone broth? I know a lot of people whose skin has improved after including this in their daily diet.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Instead of cod liver oil you can purchase just plain old fish oil (look for a high quality brand) and liver powder pills (raw, flash frozen).
    Maybe your glands are in the middle of adjusting to a healthier diet and are cleansing the toxins within the skin out of the skin. How long have you been eating primally?
    The first 6 months after switching to primal my skin was a disaster, too...but still better than on SAD.
    I was shedding like mad, had an oily, yet high dandruff scalp and the occassional small, red pimple around my chin. Sometimes little things like sulfites in wine or processed vinegar can trigger these small pimples, nuts, too.

CaveDiva is offline Junior Member
    What are you using *on* your skin? If your eating all the right things, it could be that your skin is unhappy with something you are using on it.. just a thought.
    There are plenty of natural products, stuff you can even whip up in your kitchen, to help with skin, from egg masks (will help with bumps/blemishes if you use the white first, and then the yolk to moisturize), to natural clay masks, you can use fruit like papaya and/or pineapple in masks to even out the skin (the enzymes of the fruit eat away the bad stuff)... I've found shea butter to be really helpful in clearing my skin, but it has to be unrefined (it'll smell smokey and nutty-- not bad, just natural). Also different oils work really well on the skin (without looking at your skin, I would guess something like seabuckthorn seed oil, tamanu oil... something along those lines)... oil cleansing might help, as might African Black Soap (ABS might help the hair issues also)...
    Sorry that is not answering your question directly. But it could be that your skin just needs more time to repair-- the body goes at it's own pace. Also, could the bumps be a purge, I wonder?

I started eating primal at the beginning of the year and am just now cutting dairy. On my skin I either use aloe gel, coconut oil, this cream that consists of shea and vitamins A C E, and this coconut/papaya body butter. To be honest, my dandruff started around a year or so ago, I had never had it in my life before that. Washing my hair with ACV has helped tremendously but it's still not 100% gone and my hair is kinda oily no matter what I do

Oh and I've considered the liver, what brand would you recommend? They're not expensive are they? I'm running out of ideas for what to eat in general so I'd like to save as much money as possible for food.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    My hair has become pretty oily in the last year or so. I've not been primal that long, but was hoping it would clear with the improved diet... It hasn't so far...

The funny thing is, that my hair has always been dry! Completely opposite to how it is now, so I'm wondering if it isn't hormonal.

I'm also finding that small pimples or scratches, (I have a kitten who likes to climb up my legs) aren't healing as fast as I'm used to. Again, I've no idea why.

My skin overall hasn't really changed, but my nails are definitely stronger since becomming primal.

catherine p. is offline Junior Member
    You might wanna take a look at this:
    Diet and Dandruff | Old Home Remedies For

peril is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin D, magnesium and zinc can all affect dandruff
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    if you're bruising easily you need more vit K, which means eat more greens and vegetables in general

apparently the more raw veggies you eat the more sulphur your body will get, which helps greatly with skin tone and appearance. i'm still reading into this. as for dandruff.. i'd just use head and shoulders a few times a week while eating a good variety of food and popping a good multi
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast