Thread: Lean gains and reduce body fat page

daynsorensen is offline Junior Member

Post Lean gains and reduce body fat

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys,
    I've just joined and I am overwhealmed by the amount of information there is on here.
    Here's me currently! I am around 77kg or 169 lbs and 182cm tall.
    My exercise schedule is similar to crossfit perscription (has a 3 days on 1 day off cycle) where I include 1 hour strength sessions every 2nd workout I.e. day 1 - crossfit, 2 - strength, 3 - crossfit, 4 - rest, 5 - strength, 6 - crossfit, 7 - strength 8 - rest, etc. The crossfit workouts are always very intense but never go longer than 30 mins (usually between 7-20 mins).
    I eat based on the zone diet with "blocks" and currently eat 17 blocks of carbs, protein and fats (equivalent to 153g carbs, 119g protein, 25.5g fats) and more on training days with a pre-workout liquid meal consisting of 29.25g carbs and 14g protein and post-workout 50.4g carbs and 21.7g protein. I weigh and measure all my food incase you're wondering how I know these amounts and have assumed the labels on the items are correct. The type of foods I eat are paleo/primal.

A few questions:
    I want to lose body fat and have lean gains. I don't have too much excess body fat to begin with(around 10% with the skinfolds method), but i want to get to around 5%. Basically, what do I need to change? Should I cut carbs down to under 100g per day (not including the pre- and post-workout liquid meal)? Will this affect my training?
    Should I increase protein intake?
    What's the view on supplementation, specifically creatine, alanine, glutamine, wpc and wpi?

Thanks in advance for anyone with any advice.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daynsorensen View Post
    A few questions:
    I want to lose body fat and have lean gains. I don't have too much excess body fat to begin with(around 10% with the skinfolds method), but i want to get to around 5%. Basically, what do I need to change?
    Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero | Nerd Fitness
    The Six Year Itch, or, Was It All A Waste Of Time? Skyler Tanner
    Fatty Acid Oxidation

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is a health forum, not a weightloss forum. Dropping much below 10% for a man is difficult and not necessarily primal.

Martin Berkhan writes a blog entitled "Leangains" that has what you want for both workouts and diet.