Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raw carrots make me nauseous?

Raw carrots make me nauseous?

Shop Now
    Whenever I eat as much as one raw carrot's worth of food, I get nauseated. This kind of happens when I eat apples raw, as well, and the nausea occurs whether or not I eat other foods in the same meal. Is there a reason for this?

My dog would consistently throw up if she ate carrots. Don't eat carrots if they bother you. Pretty simple! I have not heard of anyone being sensitive to carrots, but so what? Only you know how you feel if you eat them.

Aw, so sad. I really do love the crunch of carrots. I guess I'll have to make a batch of roasted ones then if I can't prevent the nausea.

I'm not sure but raw carrots give be the hiccups every single time!
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

When I was breastfeeding my son he would spit up if I ate raw carrots or drank milk.

I have the same problem. It got much worse after I turned 40. Nausea and a lot of gas from only 3-4 raw baby carrots.
    2011 - The year I went Primal
    Start weight: 198 / Waist: 32"
    CW: 158.5 / Waist: 28"
    GW: 145-ish
    Supplements: Calcium and O-3 in AM. Natural Calm, Valerian Root Extract and sublingual Melatonin in PM (for lifelong chronic insomnia).

I've never had this problem until recently (and I'm 22...). Two years ago I would eat 1/2 pound raw carrots as a snack in one sitting for a week straight, but not have problems, and now I am? I hope this is my body responding correctly to fiber it originally couldn't handle xD

Carrots are ok for me but lettuce make my stomach feel off and makes me burp... a lot. So yeah. Weird veggie tolerances!

I'm thinking it has to do with the fiber? And not chewing enough? I also get like this if I consume extremely fibrous foods in large quantities, such as fresh coconut, apples, and celery. But carrots are by far the worst for some reason.

Shop Now
    I think I heard somewhere that one reason this can happen is insufficient stomach acid. I have a friend who would always get an upset tummy eating lettuce, and her nutritionist had her start HCl supplementation.