Thread: Dumbbell workout page

Yussy is offline Junior Member

hiya,

Going to start doing weight training after implementing cardio into my life to great effect!

Im a student who cant afford the gymn or much new equipment!i only have barbells. What exercises should i be doing?I understand that I should be trying for full body exercises/compound exercises. I want to train my body evenly,could someone hint towards a decent routine?

Thanks in advance

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Chest Press, Overhead Press, Squats, Deadlifts, Lunges, Step-Ups, Snatches, Cleans, etc. You can pretty much do everything with DB's that you can with a full gym of equipment.

3 sets of 10-12, 5 sets of 10, 10 sets of 3, etc.

There are million possibilities.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

buffalo is offline Junior Member

Check out the beginner's section "Scooby's Workshop", he's got lots of great weight training videos on YouTube:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/

Scooby's not primal, his nutrition videos are rather "fat phobic", but his weight training videos are really good.

For the body weight exercises, Zuzana's BodyRock.tv stuff is really good:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

There's no good, free workout material available for kettlebells right now though. Although that's perhaps OK, since it's more technical, and probably something better learned under the eye of someone who can correct your form.

bruce.b is offline Member

You can do Turkish Get Ups with dumbbells. I'd check into doing bodyweight stuff. Pullups are a great exercise, burpees, pistols.......

bruce b.

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I'm doing just three to start myself; push-ups, pull-ups and planks ~ incorporated into cardio, every half a kilometre I drop and do a set.

From my aching body I think it works