Thread: Can't Do anything about it? page

Girown is offline Member

Can't Do anything about it?

Shop Now
    So after reading the book Ive noticed that if you eat bad during the week you cannot delete your mistake. I don't like the idea that I cannot do anything to fix my mistakes. example if I eat pizza during the week, I cannot workout to sweat it out because it would contradict the schedule of just working out 2 times a week.

Or am I reading it wrong?

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    It might have been a bad decision, but don't overthink it! Just go back to your healthy ways and be happy.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    You can't exercise away a bad diet. The literature on this is pretty solid. Remember, we don't usually care about calories (how long does it take to exercise away 1000 calorie binge?) but about controlling your hormonal response to various stimuli. Swinging too far the opposite direction is not necessarily a good thing.

Make your choice and own it. Trying to punish yourself with exercise for enjoying a treat shows that your mental state towards both food and exercise are messed up. If you want pizza, have pizza. If you don't want to exercise, then don't. You aren't "falling off the wagon" with a non-primal treat, you are taking a detour to Pizza Hut or Candyland. Get back on the primal path you have chosen, rather than swinging across into the perilous purgatory of punishing cardio- it can lead to sugar cravings, systemic inflammation, etc.

Most people on the forums seem to say that the best way they "recover" from a bad 20% choice is to simply start eating primally again, or maybe to fast for half a day or so.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    It just doesn't work like that.

Imagine you have a girlfriend and you treat her like crap during the week, then apologize Friday night and treat her like a queen all weekend long. For a while, she might put up with it, but after a while the bad will outweigh the good and you will have done more damage than you can apologize away.

It's kind of like that. There comes a time when there's just no easy fix for the bad things you do to your body. It's then that you realize you just have to treat it right in the first place.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Girown is offline Member
    I get what you guys are saying. Its just that this is finals week. Those foods are just keeping me alive for this week. After that I'm going primal all over again.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    It just doesn't work like that.

Imagine you have a girlfriend and you treat her like crap during the week, then apologize Friday night and treat her like a queen all weekend long. For a while, she might put up with it, but after a while the bad will outweigh the good and you will have done more damage than you can apologize away.

It's kind of like that. There comes a time when there's just no easy fix for the bad things you do to your body. It's then that you realize you just have to treat it right in the first place.
    + 8796403291

Karma is offline Senior Member
    that type of thinking leads to disordered eating and potential for psychological issues. You can work out as many times a week as you want. After all you are OK with breaking the diet guidelines, what's stopping you from blowing off the other reccomendation? Just don't come crying like a little biach when you are not successful. Let it go man, just try to do better next time and try to go longer before you cave each time. It will get easier as you kick the sugar addiction.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I think that, as long as you're generally healthy and don't have stuff like autoimmune issues, the occasional deviation from the path is not that big of a deal. Just get back on the path. Personally, I do have an autoimmune condition and even a little bit of wheat or corn has a noticeable effect. That provides a strong incentive to be really compliant. But if that weren't the case, I'd have pizza now and then and think nothing of it. But I think if "now and then" becomes every week, then you're setting yourself up for poor health.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    2 bad day and 5 good day is not great but you will survive with the hope of doing better. 5 bad days and 2 good days you need to ask yourself if you are committed.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Satch12879 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Girown View Post
    So after reading the book Ive noticed that if you eat bad during the week you cannot delete your mistake. I don't like the idea that I cannot do anything to fix my mistakes. example if I eat pizza during the week, I cannot workout to sweat it out because it would contradict the schedule of just working out 2 times a week.

Or am I reading it wrong?
    Yes, you are. You are still thinking in terms of a highly-regimented, by the numbers, short-term diet approach. The point of the book is this is a lifestyle; in the aggregate, one pizza is meaningless.