Thread: Question about IF page

ErinF is offline Senior Member

Question about IF

Primal Fuel
    I've been eating dinner around 5 pm every night and fasting until lunch the next day at 12:00 and this has helped me get out of my weight loss stall. I've lost another 8 lbs from doing this, but over the last few days I've been wondering if I'm not eating enough. I've been counting my calories and was shocked to see I'm only eating about 900 to 1000 calories every day. Now I'm worried that I'm starving myself and my body is eating away at my muscles along with the fat, granted I do have a lot of fat to lose still. I know we are't supposed to obsess over the # of calories we eat, but that number just seems dangerously low to me. The problem I'm finding is that I'm sick all day if I eat breakfast, and on the days that I fast I only eat two meals and trying to get in 700 to 800 calories of food each meal is just too much for me. I could do a protein shake between the two meals to get that # up, but would that be considered snacking? I'm not planning on doing these fasting sessions for long periods at a time, just maybe a week on and a week off.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You should not worry about it. If you are doing well eating at noon and 5pm and you have weight to lose, your body is actually consuming more calories than just what you intake. You won't waste away on a short daily fast like that. It's actually a more normal pattern of eating.

If you want to stop the weight loss or if you simply wish to consume more calories, eat more at your meals. More protein is a good idea because then your body doesn't have to consume its own protein and your body can use protein to create glucose and gain weight if needed.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    That's actually how I was thinking, but I wanted to get input from others. Thanks!

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    Now I'm worried that I'm starving myself and my body is eating away at my muscles along with the fat, granted I do have a lot of fat to lose still.
    BBC iPlayer - Frontiers: Muscle Wastage

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    OP: great question, I was wondering a bit about this as well as the last 4 days I find myself in the same situation (not hungry for breakfast eating lunch noonish and then dinner @5pm)
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.