Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lost Secret of Running page

FitMountain is offline Member

The Lost Secret of Running

Shop Now
    Just wanted to share this quick video...

The Lost Secret of Running - Video Library - The New York Times

Not much into running myself (obviously), but I did this drill a few times and it does seem to help pattern better posture.
    http://facebook.com/fitmountain

Know your limits. Then shatter them.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Very good not much of a runner either but the midfoot strike is so much better and doing those drills should help foot strength.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

dado Guest

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FitMountain View Post
    Just wanted to share this quick video...

The Lost Secret of Running - Video Library - The New York Times

Not much into running myself (obviously), but I did this drill a few times and it does seem to help pattern better posture.
    I have found the single most effective way to teach mid-foot plant is to have an athlete perfect the one legged jumprope. Just try to heal strike, you can't! Once the muscle memory starts to take hold the form follows.

Dave

Flower is offline Member
    good video, really impressive. Do anybody have a good diet plan and workout plan for runners?

cateydid is offline Junior Member
    thanks so much! I'm a horrible heel-striker but I've never figured out how to fix this before.

FitMountain is offline Member
    Flower,
    MDA is full of diet/workout info but not exactly tailored to the "running" crowd. If, however, you insist on keeping running as your primary exercise, perhaps this is of use ?

How to Fuel a Marathon | Mark's Daily Apple
    http://facebook.com/fitmountain

Know your limits. Then shatter them.

tplank is offline Senior Member
    I have recently transitioned to a more natural running style myself. It is very hard. Slowly over time I've become convinced that the barefoot crowd have the right idea even if I'm not prepared to go full on with that. It has taken a year of rebuilding how I run from scratch. I focused on my posture, footstrike and overall motion with every step. At first, I would revert about every two minutes. But, by persisting, I can now say a mid-foot strike and natural motion are now my new normal running style. I am starting to see the benefits of it and my running speed is improving steadily. Maybe these training techniques will work...I don't really know. But I will say that it is worth the effort.

tplank is offline Senior Member
    Not completely on point, but if you are interested in feet, this link contains a wealth of good info: A Firm Foundation: Focusing on the Feet | Eat. Move. Improve.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I feel very lucky that I hardly ever ran before going Primal and have no nasty habits. I taught myself to run properly in about 5 minutes and have never had a problem with heel striking because I had no muscle memory of doing it the wrong way.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast