Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's a new coconut milk in town page

Dave RN is offline Senior Member

There's a new coconut milk in town

And it 's cheap, good and has only two ingredients: coconut and water. I found it at Wal-Mart for $1.48 a can. It tastes great, thick and creamy.

And it's called "Golden Star" Coconut Milk.
    Last edited by Dave RN; 12-09-2011 at 10:17 PM.

raney is offline Senior Member
    What's the brand? Is it actually white, instead of gray-ish?

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Very white. "Golden Star".

It's the best I've ever had. just found this: The Wilderness Childe: Foodie Find: GoldenStar Coconut Milk

Foun dit on Amazon for $3.63 a can!!! Super cheap at Wally World though.

Boff's [widget] is offline Junior Member
    Golden Star, right? I just discovered this stuff myself. It is good—higher in both fat and saturated fat than just about every other brand, dead simple ingredients list, tasty, and inexpensive. I don't know how they do it, considering how all the other coconut milks I've seen have jumped in price lately. I plan to see how it is poured over a bowl of mixed berries this weekend.

ETA: Dave RN, you answered my question while I was still composing my post. Thanks! I snooze, I lose.
    Last edited by Boff's [widget]; 12-09-2011 at 10:26 PM.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    My local Wal-Marts carry no coconut milk at all.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Up until our last trip to Walmart - we do the Walmart/Costco thing about every three months - Golden Star was $1.28 a can! Last time they'd bumped it the 20, crap. Still a great buy though. Our little local grocery has Thai Kitchen brand with some creepy additives for almost $3 a can, later for that. I probably use three cans in an average week and that savings covers my gas for the long trip to the city every few months.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Thai kitchen just has Guar Gum, if I remember. Which is not an issue according to Mark. I can usually get 'em for under $2.00 at Food Lion.

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    What about PBAs in the cans? I avoid Thai kitchen for that reason also. I have Native Forest right now and it has guar. Also have some Trader Joes which I bought since it has no guar but is sadly "light". I figured I could add a bit of CO easier than remove the guar gum, heheh. I really hate going to Walmart. I do for car oil, so next time I am in there will check.

After hearing Mat Lalonde at AHS I am no longer convinced that all legume products are deadly anti nutrients. I would take guar bean gum over PBA any day. I guess the old hippie chick anti additive mentality still lives on in me.
    Last edited by Snauzoo; 12-10-2011 at 12:42 PM.

al09 is offline Senior Member
    I recently found that stuff too! It's so good! I did wonder about the BPA thing though...but I'm pretending I don't know about it right now

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    this is the brand i get too, i like it much better than thai kitchen. it's just very creamy and 'good'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast