Thread: Primal Binges page

Athanasey is offline Senior Member

Primal Binges

Primal Fuel
    I've noticed that even when I am having a really stressful day (and there have been a lot of those lately) I still turn to pimal-esque foods.

So if you're the kind to fill the void with food what do you eat on really bad days?

I laughed at myself the other day when I realised that I now consider 300ml of tropical coconut water (no added sugar) and a block of 85% chocolate to be an all out binge. That used to be an after dinner snack, except it would have been milk chocolate for sure!
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Alainneire is offline Senior Member
    if i really need a bit of comfort food - i throw together some dark chocolate, coconut flour, butter, eggs and a wee bit of stevia for primal chocolate chip cookies.. Not only do they taste smashing, but they are so much more satisfying than conventional cookies that one or two does the trick.... I love coconut flour!!!!

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I 'cheat' now if I eat more than 1 serving of fruit a day...though I know it isn't so.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Pot Roast for me Its super comforting on a cold stressful day.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Phoenixflame is offline Senior Member
    Well, are you overeating when filling the void? Because that's bad for you, Primal or not. That said, I don't see any problem with having an emotional connection to food as long as it's not "tuning out" crap in your life you need to deal with and you're not gaining weight from it.

Even though I'm more of a beef person, sometimes nothing tastes more nourishing and delicious than a roasted chicken. Gaaawd, swoonage!

As far as sweeter fare, my go-to meal after a stressful day is an appetizer of veggies, followed by some coconut flour pancakes and full-fat Greek yogurt. Right now my winning pancake flavor is pumpkin with a little bit of chopped unsweetened baker's chocolate. The world is a happy place then!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A bowl of berries and banana and coconut flakes always feel like a binge to me,even though I eat it as a meal, not snack.