Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused!! page

ksturg222 is offline Junior Member

Confused!!

Primal Fuel
    I am so confused... last week I posted a question about gaining weight on PB. I am a 42 y.o. female , 5 ft 5 in and weigh 134 lbs (132 lbs last week- got so frustrated that I started eating bad foods again). I asked what I could be doing wrong and posted what I have been eating. Many of the comments suggested I was eating too much fat and I should count calories. I thought that the whole premise behind PB was to NOT count calories, increase your fat, eliminate grains, sugars. So now, I don't know how, what to eat.....help please.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Until you're a fat burner, you still need to count calories. Once your body has adapted, you won't need to track.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    How long were you eating PB? What were you eating, exactly?

As an aside, 2lbs over a week is nothing. It could be anything, water weight etc. Weight fluctuates weekly. Throw out your scales too, they are now redundant.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    Until you're a fat burner, you still need to count calories. Once your body has adapted, you won't need to track.
    This is not necessarily true. It depends on a lot of variable such as how much extra fat you are carrying. I was in continual ketosis and still going nowhere on weight loss. With calorie restriction added, I have lost 35 pounds and am now maintaining without counting. The point at which you can ease up and quit counting varies from person to person.

my story is here, YMMV of course. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29501.html

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Is it possible that, at that height/weight, you're close enough to "correct" that a food log might be appropriate?

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    The whole concept of eating lots of fat and not tracking calories has to do with fat being satiating and by default you will likely be eating less calories and losing weight. If you don't eat less calories than your maintenance then you won't lose weight...its as simple as that. There is no metabolic advantage of low carb or high fat.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    counting calories helps depending on the degree of your metabolic dysfunction. in the primal blueprint (the book), mark's chapter on weight loss tells you to count calories.

but what else are you eating? what's the fruit intake like?

Voyageur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    Um, what? Er.... I mean.... wtf?

Once a person goes low carb - and their body adapts to fat buning - they don't need to regulate their energy balance to maintain or lose fat/weight?

You don't need to answer.

Answer this: why are their so many idoits on this forum?

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    ^^ lol

Voyageur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    The whole concept of eating lots of fat and not tracking calories has to do with fat being satiating and by default you will likely be eating less calories and losing weight. If you don't eat less calories than your maintenance then you won't lose weight...its as simple as that. There is no metabolic advantage of low carb or high fat.
    This is gold folks. Read it, understand it, live it, and thrive!

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast