Thread: Cooking oil questions page

spincycle is offline Senior Member

Cooking oil questions

Primal Fuel
    I use 4 types of oils (ghee, coconut oil, olive oil, butter), but am open to trying any suggestions.

1. What kind of oil do you use to stir fry veggies with tamari sauce? Normally I'd use sesame oil, but I know that it's verboten now. Coconut oil was good, but imparted a distinct flavor that my kids didn't like. Olive oil should not be used at such high heat, from my understanding.

2. What kind of oil is best to coat a baking sheet for baking fish, squash, potatoes (so they don't stick to the pan)? Would butter work, or would it burn?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    You know you can get coconut oil that doesn't have a flavor, right?

My kids hate ALL OIL, especially the flavor of butter, on ANYTHING (FREAKS!) so I use
    the "refined" coconut oil and secretly put it on and in things and they're none the wiser.

I use the Jarrow brand and I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe.

It's about 5 dollars cheaper there than it is at Whole Foods, so if you give it a whirl, get it there if you can!

Julie

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Maybe try using lard?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I use ghee for everything now. You can make a simple clarified butter which is quite flavorless if ghee is a bit to flavorful for the kids. I am looking in to get some grass fed beef tallow. I like coconut oil, but I hate the taste of it in any type of food.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Stephaniex3 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I use ghee for everything now. You can make a simple clarified butter which is quite flavorless if ghee is a bit to flavorful for the kids. I am looking in to get some grass fed beef tallow. I like coconut oil, but I hate the taste of it in any type of food.
    How do you make a simple clarified butter?

We use the same oil as spincycle plus grass fed tallow and sometimes lard if we can get it from my dairy (it goes FAST here in CO)
    Stephanie