Thread: Food Advice for a Low Meat Eater page

caeliumspecto is offline Junior Member

Food Advice for a Low Meat Eater

Okay, so I think going primal is pretty interesting. I am hypoglycemic (my blood sugar frequently drops, but does not spike), lactose intolerant, and very slightly bipolar, so the primal diet seems to work well with my body. The idea of stabilizing my blood sugar and hormones sounds great.

However, I am in college and cannot afford ethically/sustainably/naturally produced meat. I don't mind eating small portions of meat a few times a week, but I really don't want to eat meat in large quantities because it wastes natural resources. I need a good alternative source of protein. So far, I've been loading up on nuts and eggs.

Are there any other suggestions? Is quinoa okay? Beans in moderation? Lentils?

I'm just starting out, so I hope someone can give me advice on this.

*EDIT*
    Also, greek yogurt doesn't seem to bother me since the cultures break down the lactose.

dado Guest
    i give you advice to eat more meat

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    nuts (raw) , eggs, avocados, lentils (in moderation), yogurt and some more eggs. good enough unless you are a professional body builder.
    most people get hung up with 6 pack, guns and all. dont get caught up on that.

eat a wide variety of veggies and sample a wide variety of fruits.