WOD:

30min. aerobics w/ strength training

20 Bicycle Crunches

10 V-Ups

10 Full Body Crunches

Repeat 10x, no rest between sets

5x 60sec front plank

2x 60sec side plank

I'm thinking more abs and more ass this week! Anybody know of some really hardcore ab exercises to put into a HIIT routine?

tuscoyote is offline Junior Member

jess,

try these tabata style:

russian twists, flutter kicks, windshield wipers, hanging knees to elbows

Godzilla is offline Senior Member

Cardio, Metcon Day

10 x 10 Jumping Burpees

10 x 10 Kettlebell Clean & Dig

(Clean 35-Pound Kettlebell to Rack Position with Weak Hand, Swing Down, Park the Kettlebell, Crawl Out to a 4-point Pushup-Plank Position, Crawl Back and Stand. Alternate and Repeat.)

10-Minute Alternate Kettlebell Snatch

(30-Seconds Per Hand. Don't put the kettlebell down until the 10 minutes are up.)

Finish with 3 x 1-Minute 1-Hand Kettlebell Swings

(30 Seconds Per Hand.)

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

Jess, unfortunately it's hard to incorporate abs into a high intensity workout. The conventional media workouts will tell you ab work is high intensity but it just aint so. If you're looking for high intensity intervals...sprint. Nothing else. If you want to do Tabata do it with sprints. Tabata sprints compared to Tabata-anything-else is not in the same conversation. Doing Tabata with anything other than sprints is because you don't want to experience the pain involved with doing Tabata sprints. That's why I rarely do Tabata sprints

If you're looking to improve abdominal strength, that's a different story. Situps--regular bent knee situps without the feet anchored. Knees-to-elbows: hang from the pullup bar and bring your knees up to your elbows. There are plenty more but those are two good ones to start.

mstrudle is offline Member

I've been sick since Wednesday so I went easy today...

Deadlit 243 pounds, 5 sets of 2

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

@Get Primal, you're probably right, I tried googling "ab HIIT workout," but got nothing. I wouldn't even consider what I did yesterday like a metcon/interval workout, I wasn't slamming through the movements or anything. I just figured putting it into that format would enable me to get out more reps..Which it did! They're sore today.

See, I love sprinting, I kind of LIKE that pain..You ever get a rush before you speed off? Sometimes even before I'm set up, it's like a surge of adrenaline and it gets me PUMPED up! I would do them more often, (I wanted to do this morning! But it's raining and I got hungry haha).. and I'm not interested in losing anymore weight (sprinting=weight loss jewel).. According to caliber testing I'm now at about 17% BF.. I think if I dropped much less I might be compromising my (womanly) health. Hm, guess I could just eat more... Can't complain about that..

What speed would you reccomend doing abs with? Probably a slow count? Like.. 2-2-3 might be good.. 2 up, 2 hold, 3 down.. Ouch..!

Was doing a few leg raises last night on my bar, but are you supposed to pull your body all the way up? Like a static chin-up? Or dangle? Or either? Always makes my hips pop when I do that sort of stuff too for some reason. Not painful, just obnoxious.

Vick is offline Senior Member

I did my three static holds as a 6 month on primal review today.

Bench press 425 Lbs.

Dead lift 555 lbs

Squat 575 lbs.

misathemeb is offline Member

yesterday rest

today: yoga 45mins

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Alright, the rain let-up and I took your advice, Vick... Plus, it was either this or 100 burpees. This seemed like the lesser evil, but boy was it still evil..!

WOD:

ten 20sec sprints

~10-30sec rest

Vick is offline Senior Member

Great job Jess!

I think my achilles tendon is ready for me to start sprinting again. I just got to make sure I don't do something stupid like slip on the ice.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast