Thread: Female Primal Women and Men (but mainly women needed) - Exercises page

Female Primal Women and Men (but mainly women needed) - Exercises

Shop Now
    Background: My fiancée soon to be wife is trying to lose weight before the wedding and just trying to get into better shape overall. The problem is she had knee surgery several years ago that makes doing certain exercises incredibly painful. She has poor motivation and she's kind of hardheaded so even though I've told her what works she wants to do stuff her way most of the time. I think I'm getting to her though. Very slowly.

Walking: We walk a good bit. The only thing that stops us from definitely walking is very cold weather.

Sprinting: I've seen her dance around like a goober and work up a good sweat in 20-30 min, so from what I understand that would definitely count in the walking/moving part of primal (she's also a hairdresser and on her feet all day), but I was wondering if that would also fit into the sprinting part? Does anyone know of any "sprinting" exercises that work the body without actually running?

Lifting Heavy: Of course heavy is all relative, but I finally got her to pick up some weights that (while light to me) are decently heavy for her to start off. Any women relate? She doesn't have access to the gym or the time, so body weight and dumbbell exercises are what she is looking for.

She's gotten discouraged at times and I am trying to help with that. If any of you women (and men) can offer some advice that would be great. Getting her to do pull-ups/chin-ups is the ultimate goal... her stubbornness makes it difficulty for her to understand that just because you can't do a chin/pull-up doesn't mean you never will.
    Last edited by Call Me Twitchy; 12-08-2011 at 03:33 PM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    as someone who is stubborn, less than fully motivated and in varying amounts of pain from an injury and surgery my advice is find something fun and do it. keep dancing, keep walking, try zumba

don't do painful on the injury things. there are an infinite amount of variations for every muscle exercise known to man

make a goal, sometimes that helps with the motivation issue. not always, but sometimes

also, tell her i said she'll never get that awesome 'kick ass' feeling if she doesn't try :P feeling like a bad-ass is what keeps me doing what i do
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Is her diet in line? She can't exercise away a bad diet. There have been quite a few people with limited or no exercise who had great results from simply eating primally. Food is far more important to body composition than exercise.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Is her diet in line? She can't exercise away a bad diet. There have been quite a few people with limited or no exercise who had great results from simply eating primally. Food is far more important to body composition than exercise.
    +1. I would help her get the eating in order before taking on training. Hell, just cutting out the grains will get her a lot of the way there.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Mark has said that bicycling really hard counts as sprinting...though it's definitely not a full body workout.

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    I married the same type. Don't preach, set it up so she finds information herself. It has to be her idea to take on a new challenge.

Don'texpect her to conform t o your ideas or standards and you will be alot more happy. Otherwise you could have proposed to a conformist does what her man says stepford type that would bring little joy in debateand challenge you will have in a life together.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanccfshr View Post
    I married the same type. Don't preach, set it up so she finds information herself. It has to be her idea to take on a new challenge.

Don'texpect her to conform t o your ideas or standards and you will be alot more happy. Otherwise you could have proposed to a conformist does what her man says stepford type that would bring little joy in debateand challenge you will have in a life together.
    Thanks for the advice. And to the above, her diet isn't all that bad. I'd say Christmas Thanksgiving (like most) is a pain because of all the goodies that are around. Her's is about like mine, pretty good, but over the holidays the indulgences can put a kink in things if you don't work out.