Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone cured allergies eating primal? page 2

biancaaa is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for your responses everyone! Based on what you've guys have told me it seems like it's different for everybody - hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones to have them (at least slightly) disappear. People already think I can't eat anything !

kristiashley is offline Senior Member
    My seasonal allergies are all but gone now. I used to get full blown allergy attacks and then that would often turn into a cold or worse. This used to happen several times a year. Now, in full blown allergy season I get a few sniffles on occasion in the morning and that's it. It's fantastic!

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    If you really want to lose your food allergies then you really should look into GAPS. There are several threads on this board and a devoted one on yahoo. It's designed to heal your gut and food allergies go away as a result.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    I had a test done in my 20's and I showed up highly allergic to dogs. (weird cause I grew up with dogs and never had a problem)
    I also showed up highly allergic to everything else floating around...the docs told me "You're screwed." (literally)
    10 years later, in my mid 30's, I started allergy shots. Everything possible to put in a shot was put in it. Symptoms got better...no more chronic sinus infections, BUT, weren't 100% gone.

I called them back at least 6x asking if they are sure they put everything i'm allergic to into the shot..."yup" they said"nothing was missed. Hmmm...

I then started PB and taking fish oils...and bingo.
    Allergy to grains was showing up as sinus problems, excess mucus and 'the sniffles' when I didn't catch anything. Cutting out grains reduced my inflammatory response fatty acids (O6) and taking fish oils raised my O3.
    No more over-active O6 floating around in my system, attacking anything and everything.

I am completely free of any allergies as of to date. The dog test came out negative 10 years later.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    My seasonal allergies have disappeared. I always got hit for at least 2-4 weeks in the fall and again in the spring. Now I have no problems. I also find I get no agitation from cats and dogs. It is really kind of nuts that I haven't taken any kind of anti-histamine in 3 years nor have I gone through a box of tissues in a day trying to keep up with my nose.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Do you think cutting dairy might help me? It's the only thing I didn't cut when going primal, if anything I eat more than in the past... I wonder if cutting it will help me get over my allergies once and for all.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Do you think cutting dairy might help me? It's the only thing I didn't cut when going primal, if anything I eat more than in the past... I wonder if cutting it will help me get over my allergies once and for all.
    I didn't see a difference when I cut grains. The week after I cut dairy, my seasonal allergies were gone. I think it's worth it.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    I didn't see a difference when I cut grains. The week after I cut dairy, my seasonal allergies were gone. I think it's worth it.
    I suspect I might be like you. I noticed the KP on my arms got worse after primal. Then I developed heartburn when I started supplementing with bovine colostrum, and that's when I was forced to assess my diet and supplements. I have been on a 4 week bloated stall, which doesn't make sense since I'm still 30% BF. I took colostrum for 7 weeks and stopped yesterday. I think and hope it will turn for me now.

biancaaa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    If you really want to lose your food allergies then you really should look into GAPS. There are several threads on this board and a devoted one on yahoo. It's designed to heal your gut and food allergies go away as a result.
    Thank you for the tip! I don't know much information about it so I will be looking into this right away.

The Chris is offline Junior Member
    I used to have allergies in the summer (pollen I guess), but I didn't notice any this summer. I'm still allergic too all the seafood I've ever tried so far. I used to have post-nasal drip when I ate certain foods, but now I don't have that problem. I think my problems were completely gone in about two months.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast