Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what if a man chose to keep squatting bodyweight, never adding to the bar? page 3

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Try squating with your heels staying in contact with the floor for a while. Hindu squats are awesome but competence at standard squat form is essential to progressing to tougher movements.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Said man would probably take his own life due to sheer boredom!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    These posts give me a headache
    +1

Grok did pistols? I think that's unlikely to say the least. He almost certainly carried heavy things and used his legs(both of them at the same time) to pick them up.

Pistols are better for your knees than squats? Your knees are designed to be used in unison, otherwise our knee ligaments and tendons would be much stronger. Look at ACL/MCL/PCL/patellar tendon injuries: do they occur when exerting force vertically in a squat, or when there is a shearing force, as in if you lost your balance doing a pistol?

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Go tfarny!

Screw Grok - he was just all about what it took to survive.

Be careful with pistols. While I do believe they are a good exercise, you need to be aware that the put a lot of pressure on your knee - watch people do them heavy, and their knees wiggle quite a lot. I've tried it myself, too.

Shrimps (do a google on Ido Portal and "shrimp") - it's incredibly challenging, but a lot easier on your knees!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    FUCK shrimps, they really are quite a challenge.

The other day I found THE ULTIMATE EXERCISE.

are you ready?!

What you need: something to hold on to, I used one of my gymnastic ring straps, you can use a rope, towel, etc. Stand next to it, grab it with the arm closest to it around hip level, with the opposite leg begin a pistol and assist yourself on the way up using your arm.

THE RESULT?!

THE ULTIMATE WAY TO BUILD UP YOUR PISTOL AND ONE-ARM CHIN.

SWITCH UP THE SIDES AND WEAR A BLINDFOLD FOR EXTRA MUSCLE CONFUSION.

If a man does this for 10 days, 22 hours and 4 minutes, then adds 15 llbs, what would happen to this man?

I'll tell you,

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    I believe if a man did nothing but bodyweight squats, he would develop very strong, muscular legs in a year's time. If this man eventually built up to 500 straight bodyweight squats, the man's legs would be strong as a mofo.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

wiltondeportes Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    My theory, aside from building the muscular strength to do the exercises that you do, is that repetition like this leads to a couple more things. One, it strengthen neural pathways. That means you can be stronger without actually building any more muscle. I am taking this from "Naked Warrior" by Pavel Tsa.... whatever. My second theory is that your cells become more efficient. You will eventually require less input energy to do the exact same work. That means you won't have to eat as much. This is a good thing, health-wise. However, if you are in the backwards camp of conventional wisdom health of things like "the leaner you are, the better", "the more you can eat, the better", "the more alcohol you can drink, the better"...you will think this is a bad trait. Of course there is no logical sense in any of that.

The second answer is that maybe, after a year's time, man would be able to claim squatter's rights.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 12-10-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123