Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what if a man chose to keep squatting bodyweight, never adding to the bar? page 2

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A safe and well fed grok was spending his spare time and energy having sex.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Depending on technique, that could definitely involve more than just BW movements.

True , but I doubt they weighed three or 4 times his bodyweight.

dado Guest
    what if he squatted a given weight for one month, then added 10 lbs the next month. would this progression be easier because this man has grown so adept at the weight he has been squatting all month? what would happen?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    @ dado you could try it

re grok he would squat, hike, climb, walk uphill, lift things all day etc.
    Much like old time farmers, be may not put 400lb on his back and squat for fun but he would have a heck load of very functional strength.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

If you don't wish to load up to heavy on the squat rack you can use the squat as the first exercise in a tri set. Do your bodyweight squats in the good form rep range, follow that with 20or 25 hindu squats or sissy squats, followed by 10 deep high jumps, limp away rest and repeat. After your weighted set the other exercises are fairly safe to failure the weighted squates will get the muscles firing and then you can safely push to failure with the air.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    F*(&*(&%#@ Grok!!!!!!
    What a hypothetical caveman did over his lifetime to maintain the strength he developed as a child,
    has VERY LITTLE relevance to helping formerly fat and unfit people get closer to their healthy potential.
    Knifegill: How do you define, "going beyond function" anyhow? What does that mean, in practice? Does it mean the same thing for everyone? Honestly, for my former life, I was quite functionally fit by that definition -teaching classes and doing research are not impacted by the # of pushups I can do, and I know that my life didn't require me to run a mile without stopping, because I definitely couldn't do it.

OP: I dunno - ask cheapo on the forum, he did simplefit for like two years and ended up looking quite buff - no idea what his true fitness is, though. I'm pretty sure that program has just bw squats for the lower exercise.

+1 x 10

Grok did probably not hunt elks or other prey which weighed more than himself. Most likely he would have been harvesting food from the forest and once in a while scare of scavangers in order to collect meat from a carcass. Once Grokers united they would co-operate so that they together could hunt larger animals (hence no need to be able to carry shi*tloads of weight, they would grok together in large enoguh groups in order to drag the carcass). Anyhow, what Grok did or did not do is irrelevant.

Dado: I understand it that the person would barbell squat his body weight (i.e. no air squats) for one year. If he did that he would probably work out tons more and benefit as f*uck from his exercise regime more then a person trying to up his weight all the time, getting unmotivated when failing the reps and stalling in progression. If he is interested in it, do it and worry more about what is then what if.

Just work out.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Good grief. Finally looked up Hindu squats. Turns out thats what I've been doing all along. That would explain the burn after 3 fast sets!

Sometimes I'm an idiot, lol.

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    F*(&*(&%#@ Grok!!!!!!
    Best response in the thread!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast