Thread: Anything wrong with LHT and IF on the same days? page

jennf is offline Senior Member

Anything wrong with LHT and IF on the same days?

Because of my wonky schedule, the days that it makes the most sense to LHT also are the days that make the most sense to IF. I work out first thing in the morning and would be skipping breakfast and eating an earlier lunch (11:00ish). I lift for health and body comp, not for strength gains.

Are there any minuses to my schedule? Or pluses?

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    should be fine so long as you increase calories on the same days you lift. Though that means on the days you IF (the way I understand it) you'll have to eat significantly bigger meals (+20% of maintenance calories) than the days you don't IF (-20% of maintenance calories) since your calories will be spread out among fewer meals on your IF days. I can see that being difficult for me.
    Currently dabbling in: IF, leangains, Starting Strength, 5/3/1

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    No reason it can't work. You might need to experiment a little, but they are not fundamentally incompatible.

PaleoAP is offline Member
    Recovery shouldn't be a problem assuming you get enough calories in during your eating window. As a plus you'll be able to ride out the GH spike you'll get from LHT for a longer period of time due to the lack of calories pwo. However you may want to consider getting a branched chain amino acid blend as martin from leangains recommends in order to avoid the catabolyzation of muscle mass. Just a thought.

crowemagnonman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not at all! Leangains.com swears by it. No one would argue that he is jacked and shredded. More calories on lifting day and you will be fine.
    My Blog -----> Two Bar Garage