Page 1 of 174 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Hybrid View

She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Ladies.......... I'm getting frustrated looking through all these posts and finding 80% are from and about men. I want to start a thread just for us girls. We can post things here that are relevant to living primal from a female point of view.

So --- if you're interested, post some basic info about you and your experience with the PB.

Heres me: I'm 51 - married. One child, now 25, boy. Have struggled with weight issues for 10 years after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Gained 75 pounds over 6 years. I currently have 55 pounds to lose. But I'm not doing this just for the weight loss -- the change in my eating habits has greatly reduced my fibromyalgia symptoms and I'm feeling better than I have in 10 years! Energy, stamina, emotional outlook, and sleep are all better.

A typical daily diet is: 2 eggs and 2 or 3 strips of bacon for breakfast, lunch if I'm hungry is a green salad or whatever meat I have left over in the fridge, and dinner is always a meat or fish with lots of veggies. I limit my fruit and starchy vegies as much as possible. On occasion I will eat a Clif bar if I'm in a bind for time. I think I'm averaging about 50 carbs a day.

Since starting paleo/primal in late October I've lost 10 pounds. I would be more but I sometimes have a few rum and diet cokes on the weekends, and that always puts a stall on my weight loss. I've also gone from not being able to walk more than a few blocks due to the fibro pain and fatigue to walking an easy 20 minute mile several times a week. I'm looking forward to Spring and I will up that to 2 miles!

OK --- your turn.

The problem with the "ladies post your experiences in THIS ONE THREAD" is that doing so, by default, precludes activity from flourishing in the forum. You'll find that threads by women are all over the various sub-fora. Your thread regarding "basic info about you and your experience with the PB" is already met by the Meet and Greet forum (basic info) and "experience with PB" is met by various posts in the Nutrition, Fitness, Recipes, Odds & Ends, and particularly the Journals sub-fora, which is where you'll find many day-to-day experiences by men and women (but from my experience, women tend to keep it going longer than men).

It also makes fishing through one thread for one particular issue that may be raised a bit cumbersome.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Just a thought.......... sorry you don't think its necessary or relevant.

-It's no one elses biz what is or is not considered relevant on a particular thread. She has the right...Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie_5 View Post
    -It's no one elses biz what is or is not considered relevant on a particular thread. She has the right...Just sayin'.
    ???? sorry - not sure what you're referring to. Is there a complaint?

i think men lose weight way faster so it can be a little discouraging for the women when it goes a little slower! i know it does for me sometimes.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

There are threads out there for women over 50 as well - I enjoy reading all the posts, I have found a wealth of information in doing so!!
    Me, I'm 52 - I have had the best results with IF daily, increasing my protein and lifting weights. I didn't start with the IF daily till I was set in my primal lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedpot View Post
    I have had the best results with IF daily, increasing my protein and lifting weights. I didn't start with the IF daily till I was set in my primal lifestyle.
    Hi Crackedpot. How did you get started with IF? I'm toying with the idea, as it's clear I'm going to have to cut my calories to lose weight. I'd love to hear your story - I'm 48, postmenopausal, and just getting started with bodyweight exercises. I've got about 40lb to lose.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Hi Crackedpot. How did you get started with IF? I'm toying with the idea, as it's clear I'm going to have to cut my calories to lose weight. I'd love to hear your story - I'm 48, postmenopausal, and just getting started with bodyweight exercises. I've got about 40lb to lose.
    - Jac sorry I didn't see this sooner - I always was taught to eat first thing upon rising in the morning but have always struggled with that - I was so happy to read about IF on this site, I started out adding an hour each day till I was able to go till Noon. I hold to this during the week and usually have a big breakfast with my Husband on the weekends. I walk daily and lift 2-3 times a week. I struggle with cutting sugar out and getting enough protein in.

I've just been reading about the Leptin Reset............ I think I'm gonna try it. All this time I thought I was doing well with the eggs and bacon for breakfast, but looking at the protein content of both tells me I'm not doing well at all. Total protein is around 5 grams! If I figured it right. So, this morning I ate a left over grass-fed beef patty. Yum! Carbs are already down around 50 per day, so that shouldn't be a problem. I also do the IF, but don't plan it. I just try to not eat until I'm hungry again. I think maybe the idea behind the IF is to restrict food intake even if you are hungry. What do you think? I used to do that when I was a teen and I always stayed thin!