Page 96 of 183 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 96

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Need to ask a somewhat embarassing question, but does anyone else have bladder issues? I seem to have major issues with holding in pee when exercising. I can't do any sort of jumping - jumping jacks, burpees, jump rope - and I have trouble when playing soccer. I can go to the bathroom immediately before and still majorly leak. I'm only 29, but I have had 2 kids. Could this (on top of all my other symptoms) be a sign of a problem? Or is it likely just due to the kids? Had both vaginally, but quick delivery (3 pushes), no epidural, minimal tearing, and quick recoveries. Anyone else experiencing this?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Need to ask a somewhat embarassing question, but does anyone else have bladder issues? I seem to have major issues with holding in pee when exercising. I can't do any sort of jumping - jumping jacks, burpees, jump rope - and I have trouble when playing soccer. I can go to the bathroom immediately before and still majorly leak. I'm only 29, but I have had 2 kids. Could this (on top of all my other symptoms) be a sign of a problem? Or is it likely just due to the kids? Had both vaginally, but quick delivery (3 pushes), no epidural, minimal tearing, and quick recoveries. Anyone else experiencing this?
    My friend (mother of 4) and I (mother of 2) always joke that you can tell who has given birth because they cross their legs when they sneeze. Yeah, it happens to the best of us, and I have really strong kegels. I walk for a living, and it also happens when I step off a curb that I didn't see. Fun!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    So for the ladies who have been diagnosed with fibroids . . . how are they removed?
    It depends on the fibroids and your doctor. They might do what is called a total abdominal hysterectomy which means they open a hole in your abdomen and remove your uterus and usually also your cervix. An oophrectomy is when they take your ovaries. I had the TAH but no oophrectomy.

The other thing they do is a laproscopic hysterectomy. Same as above but a much smaller incision.

The other thing they do is, oh, I forget the name, but they are ably to inject something into the fibroids that cuts off the blood supply so they die. No organ removal. This works if your fibroids are the kind that dangle inside your uterus. Not so much for the ones in the uterine wall.

They might have new procedures now, too. There's a great website called Hyster Sisters you should check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, that was an interesting post by Mark and long overdue, IMO. I wonder if Carrie had anything to do with it.

And, yes, as is evident on this thread, just because we are all women doesn't mean we don't have differences. I would think the main ones would be age (i.e pre or post menopausal) and also body fat content. Probably activity level as well.

I may be some kind of genetic freak but I never had cramps or PMS back in the day and I never had any symptoms of menopause. I feel left out of the discussion sometimes.

About the birth control discussion, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't take the pill for 15 years like I did. I don't know if that was a factor in getting breast cancer or not, but I would err on the side of caution there if I had a time machine.
    I think Mark's article was proof someone up there monitors the blog. I mean I linked to that article myself about 5 times here in the forums and then all of a sudden there's a blog post about it.

You might feel like a freak, but I've always felt like a freak. I have never felt like a real woman. I never cared about boys when I was younger. I didn't care much about them in high school. I went out with women for a while but I didn't really like women. Women are nuts. I like men way better. I have hardly ever had female friends. I have men friends. I get along well with men. I like to feel like I'm one of the guys. I never really wanted to get married. I was married for 3.5 years and never married again. I have a boyfriend now but I don't want to marry him, although I probably should since we've been together for 15 years or so. I never wanted to have kids so I didn't. I do not feel anything in common with women who have kids. Absolutely nothing. They are as alien to me as if they were from outer space. I don't feel like I have anything in common with that emotional softness that women have, with the need to form social bonds, to stay home and build a nice home, to be nurturing and comforting, to wear or to have pretty things. I've always wanted to be adventurous, to wander, and I've been lucky enough to do a tiny bit. My periods were mostly benign, a minor nuisance until the end, until the fibroids. I jumped at the chance to have a hysterectomy and never worry about my period ever again, and to never have to worry about birth control. The problem was solved and I don't have to make up any excuses for not having kids. I have an excuse, a real good one.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    Me too. I've always had more male friends than female and have been told by many of them that I "think like a guy". They mean this as a compliment and I take it as such.

I have never felt the urge to have kids and I jumped at the chance for a hysterectomy at 30 due to a prolapsed uterus. Twenty years of no stained underwear every month. Nice.

The women who get all coochi cooish about someone's baby have always baffled me. I'm glad someone is reproducing. It needs to be done and if it makes someone happy, cool. Just not me thankyouverymuch. In my perception, babies are noisy, smelly, and not cute at all.

I do enjoy "pretty" stuff sometimes like a new dress or jewelry but I am just as happy in my zip-off hiking pants, jogbra, and VFFs.

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    Show me a kitten or a puppy! Human babies--not interested.
    People told me for years that I would change my mind and want children but they were wrong.
    I work in a traditionally male role, but I do like my glitter nail polish and nice clothes and shoes.
    The day I came in for an internal interview in a dress jacket and skirt with full makeup there was general shock.
    "You're a girl!"
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i was on bcp from the age of 16 until about 40. :0 lower-doses as they became available, but my doctor was fine with me on it. i too never really wanted kids, but ripping plumbing out at an early age didn't seem quite right either. ya know, just in case i DID meet a guy that made me wanna have babies with him. my friends all hassled me as they began having children. "but you'll love them when their your own... etc." yeah? well what if i don't? my mother and grandmother were so dysfunctional i am glad i ended the chain, honestly.

my b/f has 3 kids and had a vasectomy before i met him. me not having, or wanting, kids suits us just fine, 10 years down the road.

always felt the same way about marriage too. never really cared about it and never had that "my wedding day" fantasy. shit, take that money and buy a house. i spent some time working for a private events company and in peak-season we'd do 4-5 weddings a day. oh, the horror, lol.

but having been on bcp and NOT ever having a child is really the opposite of what a woman's body is built to do, so i can't help but wonder if all my recent hormone drama is fall-out.

even though my flow returned yesterday with a vengeance, and i had some wine last night which always blows me up, i am down 6 pounds from monday when the doc took out the mirena.

I like the way I am, and I feel that the softness that women have now is doing nothing but pussifying society through emasculation of the remaining men left; that and soy

i don't know why it is, now that they have more independence and self-determination, women want to make boys so soft. i like men that are bit of a hard-ass. it helps pull me back from the brink whenever i get a bit undone.

and soy? argh. don't even get me started on that particular marketing debacle that is ruining people's health.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 06-21-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I'm 24 and I haven't had incontinence issues, but I've had the sensation of feeling that I need to pee pretty badly. Most likely your pelvic floor muscles are weak. Learn to do kegels and start with just 10 a day and holding one for 10 seconds, then move up to a few times a day, then whenever you think of it. It is possible to over-work those muscles, especially if they are weak to begin with. I had mine "examined" (most uncomfortable pelvic exam ever) and was told they were "stringy" and weak and that I had to start VERY slowly or risk tearing. That is not something you want to have happen! My "incontinence" issues have vastly improved with the incorporation of squats in my exercise routine and everyday life. I also found that the sensation went away significantly once I started treating my candida overgrowth.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    pussifying society through emasculation of the remaining men left; that and soy.
    That made me really truly laugh out loud.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    That made me really truly laugh out loud.

me too. i like that men are from mars and i don't need my guys to be in touch with their feminine side ffs.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The women who get all coochi cooish about someone's baby have always baffled me. I'm glad someone is reproducing. It needs to be done and if it makes someone happy, cool. Just not me thankyouverymuch. In my perception, babies are noisy, smelly, and not cute at all.
    Yeah, that always baffled me, too. And worst thing is that they all know it so they force their babies on me just to see the reaction and joke about how they'll get me to love babies yet. And even worse, the babies are all totally drawn to me, totally fascinated with me. I don't get it. I don't mind them being all curious about me, it's sort of cute, but I honestly don't know how to hold a baby or what to do with one or how to talk to one and I don't like the drool and stickiness.

You know what I've always wanted to do but never had the courage? I've wanted to do something totally wild with my hair, like have hot pink hair or purple streaks or even better, to have dreadlocks all piled on my head and have some of them be woven with ribbons and beads and stuff. Then make all kinds of crazy wild costumes to wear, either punkish or gothish or else totally crunchy hippie, but all my own unique sense so that I can't quite be pigeonholed into one category or the other. I've never had the courage. My hair has always been combed and pulled back, no style at all, my clothing as blah a selection of cargo pants and slightly feminine t-shirts as you can get. I make my own shoes, though.