Page 94 of 183 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 94

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    some women feel immediately better after the mirena comes out, while others seem to have some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms. hard to believe i can feel much worse than i already do, but am steeling myself just in case.

ffs, i weigh 10 pounds more today than i did just 8 days ago. my boobs are like cartoons.

my doctors are all through mass general hospital, so i've compiled a list of other mgh docs who specialize in some of the things i do and might need. will try tomorrow to find out how soon anybody can see me. the guy i have now is just super young -- enthusiastic, but simply lacks experience. if all i needed was a pap, i wouldn't care but i need somebody with stones and empathy.

am generally happy and full of life myself. this last year i don't even know who this person is wearing my shoes.
    I understand going through doctors with no answers. I have been experiencing dizziness and extreme fatigue for about 4 years now. I have been to several doctors - general practitioners and speciliasts, even a guy who is "the dizzy doctor" in Chicago. But nobody can find anything that also responds to treatment. So I've given up and just hope that some day with proper nutrition my body will snap out of it. I go through periods of major depression where I think often about running away from my life because it's just too much to handle with the near constant dizziness.

Good luck on finding some answers!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I sent my boyfriend a bunch of PDFs I downloaded from Loren Cordain's Paleo Diet website. My boyfriend would hate Mark's diet book style of writing. He thinks I am crazy with all the fat I eat (it's really not any more than him, just it's not "lite" Pam cooking spray or "healthy" canola oil.) Anyway, I thought since Cordain's writing agrees with a low fat, low salt paradigm it would make more sense to my boyfriend. I think he actually did like the PDFs! I waited almost a year to send my BF any info because I knew he wasn't in a receptive state. But he confided a laundry list of symptoms the other day which I took to be a cry for help because he's not the type to do that sort of thing. He made eggs, pancetta and mushrooms for breakfast this morning instead of his usual honey-flavored yogurt with tart cherry juice. I think he has major IBS on top of his other stuff so I sent him the gut sense website, too. I sure hope he tries this stuff. It's painful to watch him suffer and not help, just watch.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    my b/f (of 10 years) will be 53 this year. he was a lean, mean soccer machine when i met him, with a 6-pack. he was in amazing shape for a guy his age. he's not fat but now he's got a gut and snores like a chainsaw many nights. he also rarely gets enough sleep.

he simply will not give up his white bread, cheerios or heaven forfend the beer. lol. even though he admits my health has obviously improved since ditching grains a few years ago. he refuses to believe that lack of sleep may add to weigh gain.

some folks can't be told, ya know.

good luck with yours.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

tomi is offline Senior Member
    So - interesting post by Mark today Finally something that says okay maybe men and women really do respond to all this differently! DUH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    My sleep has been sooooo good lately. I continue to wake up refreshed before 6 without an alarm.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    some women feel immediately better after the mirena comes out, while others seem to have some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms. hard to believe i can feel much worse than i already do, but am steeling myself just in case.

ffs, i weigh 10 pounds more today than i did just 8 days ago. my boobs are like cartoons.

my doctors are all through mass general hospital, so i've compiled a list of other mgh docs who specialize in some of the things i do and might need. will try tomorrow to find out how soon anybody can see me. the guy i have now is just super young -- enthusiastic, but simply lacks experience. if all i needed was a pap, i wouldn't care but i need somebody with stones and empathy.

am generally happy and full of life myself. this last year i don't even know who this person is wearing my shoes.
    Ok - I've been lurking, but this conversation about Mirena/IUDs caught my attention... I thought many women preferred this BC, and I was considering it for after I have my baby. I had previously been taking the pill (um, surprise, it didn't work) and felt pretty crummy on it. Wondering what other options there are out there that won't mess up my body any more than it has been in the past. Or would you all recommend the natural way - charting, etc? Sorry, I've never really heard much except positive reviews of Mirena, so am very curious about your experiences!

Maybe I should introduce myself, I'm Jen - 36, former Chicagoan, living in WY in the foothills of the Wind River Range, love to hike, bike & be outside in the sunshine. About 9 months pregnant. Was overweight most of my adult life, after having been the "too skinny" girl through high school. My senior year in HS, I gained weight so fast that I got stretch marks and have not been able to control it until the past year or two.

Along with getting to a healthy weight, I have healed a lot of my health issues in the past with primal eating (brain fog, migraines, urticaria/dermographism, numbness in extremities, IBS, the list is longer but I can't remember everything now!) I still have hypothyroidism after a bout of subacute thyroiditis, along with blood markers for Sjogrens. I was working on those issues until I got pregnant... will resume once this little guy is out on his own.

I love that there are women of all ages on here helping each other out... you all give me hope for humanity!
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    jen, i have friends who have done very well with the mirena. it was a miserable experience for me. awful. had it out yesterday and am down 4 pounds. i had been sobbing nearly non-stop for 5 days and haven't cried since i left the doctor's office.

have you looked into the copper iud? hormone-free.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Wow, noodletoy, that sounds horrible... and removing it had such a dramatic and immediate effect on you. Glad you are feeling so much better now!

i had read that the copper IUD is more likely to cause increased cramping & menstrual bleeding. The thyroid issues I've had the past few years make TOM pretty crummy, so had hoped to not make it worse. so I had assumed mirena/hormonal IUD was the way to go due to the likelihood that it would have the opposite effect. Maybe I'll have to just see how they go for me... and keep reading in the meantime. I likely have 2-3 more months before I have to decide.

Thanks for responding
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    I love my hormonal IUD ! It has different hormones as most pills and my body does well on it for over 8 years (this is my 2nd). My niece on the other hand, found it to be horrible and she really tried for 5 months, so i guess it really depends on the person.

That said, everybody experiences a transition period with the first IUD that might be hard. i also experienced cramps, ongoing blood loss and weight gain during the first month, but it disappeared during the 2nd month. I guess you can't know beforehand if you are one of the lucky or unlucky ones in this respect.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    So - interesting post by Mark today Finally something that says okay maybe men and women really do respond to all this differently! DUH!
    Indeed. Also indicating that there's a wider spectrum of responses between individual women. It's good stuff.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.