Page 93 of 183 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 93

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    thanks for your google-fu!

yeah, friend moved and picked her gyn out of the directory because his name was james fitzgerald. she was expecting a cute lil irish guy, but instead got a guy who looked just like barry white!

yeah, boston is thick with doctors, but finding a good one is a whole other thing.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Have you been checked for fibroids? These symptoms are pretty common in women with utirine fibroids.
    thank you, yes, i am fibroid-free. that was checked before they could place the iud.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Oh & Hi everyone
    Suppose I should into myself while im here.
    As mentioned above I was dionosed with a 8cm fibroid about 4 months ago wich sent me looking for natural ways of dealing with it as id rather not be sliced open like a trout which is of course what the drs tend to recomend although mine was ok with me looking into alternitives first (Or maybe its just that I dident give her the option)
    So In my searching I ran across MDA and it made sense to me.
    Ive always eaten pretty healthy compared to CW (which i never really bought into) so ditching the grains wasent that big a deal & I hardly ever did prossesed food so even less of a issue.
    Ive allways been the "solid" type(I think its generally reffered to as Amazonian LOL) so size 0 is never gonna be in my future but I have dropped a size since starting 2 months ago & lost at least 4" off my belly wich means I had to punch a couple new holes in my belt.
    Helps that Hubbys been very supportive (& Dosent hurt that hes also lost 2 sizes)
    Will be intesting to see whats changed when I go back to the dr in sept(?) to see what the situation is.
    I am doing other things to aside from the changes to diet. ie iodine protocal, acupuncture (pin guy thinks there has been some small shrinkage although its not something thats easy to gauge) & some other stuff i cant remember the names of at the moment.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grok View Post
    Honestly, that was the most shocking thing for me, too. The comments. I couldn't believe how many women (and a few guys too!) freaked out and said, "Hey, this is me!" If that many women have been struggling with this for decades, and women (for the most part) have been following the advice of their doctors, then it's just been- well, like a conspiracy of willful ignorance on the part of the medical profession.
    was reading an article today about statins and a doctor said something like, "well, men and women are the same biologically..." gaaaah. yes, we both are human and have hearts.

most weight loss and exercise studies are done on men. not all the data obtained applies to everybody, ya know?

Ernest Hemingway

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post

yeah, boston is thick with doctors, but finding a good one is a whole other thing.
    try paleophysiciansnetwork.com. You can put in your location and any physicians who follow paleo will pop up for you to check out.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grok View Post
    I couldn't believe how many women (and a few guys too!) freaked out and said, "Hey, this is me!" If that many women have been struggling with this for decades, and women (for the most part) have been following the advice of their doctors, then it's just been- well, like a conspiracy of willful ignorance on the part of the medical profession. We've meekly done what we were told, and have become fatter and sicker, and then been blamed for failure.
    I think some of us never said anything to our doctors. I mean, what would I say? I thought I was normal. In fact, I would explain to my boyfriends that it sucks to be female because being female felt like swimming through molasses every minute of your life. I remember reading once about a woman who had a sex change operation and she said that when she took the testosterone it was like waking up from a dream and feeling full of energy and strength. So I figured all women felt like me and just some of them were better at pushing through it to be more active and thinner than me. Even I could push through it sometimes.

Hey noodletoy I know you said they checked you for fibroids, but I had the same big lumps of stuff come out of me because of a small fibroid. I had a huge fibroid the size of a grapefruit in the uterine wall and a smaller one inside my uterus. The smaller one caused all the clots. I would stand in the shower and try to push them all out (sorry, gross.) Once I noticed a huge one stuck to my chair and my waistband while sitting at my desk. Oh god the horror. The fibroids were never looked for or maybe just never detected or perhaps weren't even there before I got my IUD. They were found a few years after it was removed. When I got the IUD I bled for 45 days straight before I finally went back in and asked for help. They gave me pills to make me normal again and they worked and I was normal for a few years, until the fibroids. I don't know if the IUD gave me the fibroids or if they were already there or what. I couldn't believe that I had never felt the grapefruit one, but once the doctor pointed it out I could feel it with my hand and I could feel it as I did various activities. Anyway, it's worth it to have your gyno take another look at you.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I couldn't believe that I had never felt the grapefruit one, but once the doctor pointed it out I could feel it with my hand and I could feel it as I did various activities. Anyway, it's worth it to have your gyno take another look at you.
    I dident notice mine until a few weeks before I was diognosed with the 8cm one (they class that as equal to a 6 month pregnancy for size) I noticed when laying on my stomach that it sorta felt like I was laying on something like a pencil .. was into my chiro shortly after and mentioned it to her so she checked and pointed out that I had a 15cm mass that I needed to get checked ASAP (Fluid & swelling causes it to take up more room than the actual fibroid itself)
    How did I never notice that?
    She did tell me it was most likely a fibroid so I was able to start doing some research bofore the dr diagnosed it for sure but I had no other symptoms from it so never realized there was an issue before that. Lucky though as from what ive seen, even the small ones can cause some really nasty symptoms.
    I blame 10 years on BCP... well maybe not compleatly but im sure it was a contributing factor.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Luce is offline Senior Member

i feel so helpless at the hands of my hormones and just do NOT know what to do. my doctor and gyno both suck, my long-term doctor retired awhile back. though still fairly young, she had been hmo'd to death. so i no longer feel like i have a health-care advocate. i feel lost.
    I went on a sort of menopausal state during my twenties (hormones being removed by the therapy and cholesterol being kept excessively low) so for the sake of my bones doctors decided to get me on Diane. I got depressed and I'm just not used to it as long as I wake up happy every single day of my life (if I'm not doing hormones). It is not easy, not even a bit -I had to fully concentrate on avoiding rants as long as I was never sure if it was about people pissing me off or hormones keeping me pissed off at everything.

The time I went hormone replacement free (diane or progesterone or whatever else they've tried) I felt better, maybe if you quit you'll start feeling better and find yourself in a better situation in order to choose what to do. Personally I keep my heavy bleeding/cramping as long as I never get to feel depressed like that anymore: I can stand a moderately disastrous day as long as I can get my happy everyday life.

Is it possible for you to find a new doctor? Someone who understands how bad it is for most of us to go under replacement/suppression therapies? Because for cramping you can always go B vitamin, magnesium, herbs and FANS and for the bleeding there are other things to contemplate and some of them even work (you gotta say that when you talk about CW and medical care).
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

some women feel immediately better after the mirena comes out, while others seem to have some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms. hard to believe i can feel much worse than i already do, but am steeling myself just in case.

ffs, i weigh 10 pounds more today than i did just 8 days ago. my boobs are like cartoons.

my doctors are all through mass general hospital, so i've compiled a list of other mgh docs who specialize in some of the things i do and might need. will try tomorrow to find out how soon anybody can see me. the guy i have now is just super young -- enthusiastic, but simply lacks experience. if all i needed was a pap, i wouldn't care but i need somebody with stones and empathy.

am generally happy and full of life myself. this last year i don't even know who this person is wearing my shoes.

Ernest Hemingway

Luce is offline Senior Member
    some women feel immediately better after the mirena comes out, while others seem to have some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms. hard to believe i can feel much worse than i already do, but am steeling myself just in case.

ffs, i weigh 10 pounds more today than i did just 8 days ago. my boobs are like cartoons.

my doctors are all through mass general hospital, so i've compiled a list of other mgh docs who specialize in some of the things i do and might need. will try tomorrow to find out how soon anybody can see me. the guy i have now is just super young -- enthusiastic, but simply lacks experience. if all i needed was a pap, i wouldn't care but i need somebody with stones and empathy.

am generally happy and full of life myself. this last year i don't even know who this person is wearing my shoes.
    Totally relate to that, my marriage went out of the window -and looking at my ex husband son I know it was a good thing, such a wondrous thing love is- but it would have been all much more simpler without the swelling, the bleeding, the anemia, the pain (I don't even have boobs how can they hurt, damnit) insomnia and anxious constant pressure (plus feeling bad, ugly and alone).
    The thing is even the sweetest guy can't really understand, not unless they get themselves a six month hormonal treatment. They read a lot of textbooks and look at their mothers or wives girlfriends sisters daughters and get all those facts in line but there's no way they can really deeply understand how it feels as long as they don't have a hormonal roller-coast messing up their minds bodies and lives.

Wish you all the best,

Luce
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.