Page 91 of 183 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 91

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Can someone send me the link to Lady Grok's story. For some reason I can't find it.
    Its on the main page -- but there is a story above it about baby octopus - just scroll down and you'll see it. Its a great story about real things so many of us women deal with.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Lady Grok, yours is a fabulous story that really spoke to me. I'm so pleased to read a success story like yours. Yo look so happy and healthy and I know Life will keep on getting better and better for you. Thank you for being brave and sharing it! I, too, share a lot of your experiences.

Thank you and congratulations for your successes!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Awesome story, and good on Mark for posting it. Thank you for writing it.

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys. It was hard to write, but I thought maybe other people would benefit from seeing it. I figured i couldn't be the only person struggling with some of these things!
    With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Jodis is offline Member

Thumbs up

Big thumbs up and a thank you, Lady Grok. So many parts I can relate to ...

One of my primary goals since starting PB has been to improve my "blood work" numbers. So I got my doctor to write orders for them a little ahead of schedule (was supposed to be a month later, but I know that month is going to be hectic for me, and I also wanted to make sure I was on the right track, or if I needed to tweak something). Got the numbers back yesterday. I dunno why she only ordered triglycerides and not a lipid panel, so I don't have my HDL/LDL/tot. cholesterol, BUT ... *drum roll* ... my triglycerides have gone from 176 down to 126 (now in the "normal" rather than "pre-diabetic" range) and my glucose has gone from 144 down to 98 (also now in the "normal" range). Whee!

I see her on Monday, and I hope I will be able to reduce my BP medication, perhaps by half? We'll see.

ETA: And I'm going prepared with a printout with links to this site and many related sites. You never know when you'll find a receptive doctor.
    Last edited by Jodis; 06-15-2012 at 01:11 PM.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Yay, Jodi's, that's great! Make sure your Doc orders the full panel next time, too. I hate that they only run partials... sometimes after you HAVE reminded them! Grrr! Good luck with your visit!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    @ Jodis - if it hasn't been too long since the blood draw you can still request the other tests. Labs always keep some of the blood frozen for a month incase a test needs to be re-done. Its worth a shot - that way, only one draw instead of 2.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Jodis is offline Member
    Well, I see her on Monday, so maybe she can ask for it then.

That is good info! I am having my blood drawn soon too, and never realized they froze some of it "just in case." Hmmmm.....
    With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Lady Grok I just read your success story. I relate to it so much. At times I thought I was reading my own story. I had almost all those same things happen to me. Especially sneaking food as a kid, not being able to breathe through my nose and a huge period of time in my 20s/30s where I was barely awake and barely able to stay awake and all the while every test the doctors gave came out as normal and healthy, nothing is wrong with me. Maybe there was something in the air/water/food back in the 70s and 80s. Thank you so much for sending that in to Mark.
    You're very welcome! I am so overwhelmed by all the wonderful people who posted comments about it- I honestly thought I would get a lot of body-snarking. And it is shocking (and kind of disheartening)to hear how many people (specifically, women) have a similar story to tell. I still have a long way to go, but dammit, I worked hard to get here. And while I would like to be lighter, I have to concede that for me, being healthy is more important than what basically amounts to (in my case) vanity. That doesn't mean I will stop trying to find the magic formula though- as long as it's Primal.