Page 89 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 89

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    I know it sounds great no to menstruate, but just be careful with that - and with using the bcp. If you plan on having children in the future, you might not want to be messing around with your hormones like that. You run the risk of having problems conceiving later.
    I'm sorry, but what's the scientific basis for all of these statements?

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    I'm sorry, but what's the scientific basis for all of these statements?
    It was something told to me by the gynecologist who prescribed me BCP when I was a teenager, and by my endo/gyno when I had irregular periods after coming off BCP. It's not an absolute. Not everyone is negatively effected by BCP, but the risk is there (from what I was told)

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    It was something told to me by the gynecologist who prescribed me BCP when I was a teenager, and by my endo/gyno when I had irregular periods after coming off BCP. It's not an absolute. Not everyone is negatively effected by BCP, but the risk is there (from what I was told)
    The more artificial hormone you pump into your body, the more trouble your body will have regulating itself without them. They suggest women wait 6 months before getting pregnant when coming off the pill and warn you that your body may take a while to have regular cycles. Grokette certainly wasn't pumping artifical hormones into her body.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    There has been a terrible new development for me. I've noticed when I eat dark chocolate on an empty stomach that my stomach reacts with a lot of violent noise. I think maybe it's not good for me. This is not good news.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I think my copper peptides have jumped the shark- I have not been able to get even my mild product to work for me lately.

I'm going to go over and check out an Asian market tomorrow, shopping for real food and not just tea.

LearningCurve is offline Junior Member
    Hi All,

Introductory post here. I've been lurking around MDA for about a year now. Lost my way late last year and just got it back together again about two months ago.

I'm 47, perimenopausal, dealing with hugely stressful issues in my life, but so thankful I feel in control of my eating by eating paleo/primal.

I don't normally weigh myself, but I had an emergency surgery 4 weeks ago today and I weighed 175 in the hospital. As of last week when I had to be weighed again for a preop check for yet another surgery, I weighed 165 I'm 5'7". I don't normally have any medical issues except for anxiety ~ this was just a really strange month.

I live with my dh, two adult daughters and SIL, none of whom are paleo/primal. My daughter and her dh are vegetarians and my dh and other daughter are junk food junkies. It's basically each man/woman for himself/herself with regard to meals around here, which is good because it helps me remain paleo/primal.

I'm not allowed to resume any strenuous activity until next week, and I'm hesitant because I've been battling tendinitis in my right elbow for several months, but exercise is the next step I need to take.

I've enjoyed reading through this thread and getting to "know" you all.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    The more artificial hormone you pump into your body, the more trouble your body will have regulating itself without them. They suggest women wait 6 months before getting pregnant when coming off the pill and warn you that your body may take a while to have regular cycles. Grokette certainly wasn't pumping artifical hormones into her body.
    I "heard" this, as well, and I really think it varies. I was originally put on BCP because I had an irregular period; I was a nightshift worker, and I would skip months, and this makes doctors nervous. Later I switched to the version of the pill that eliminates your period completely.

Fast-forward 11 years, and I got off the pill because a) I wanted to see how it affected my overall health and b) we had decided we wanted to start a family. Also, since I went primal, I had started having periods despite being on a continuous dose...kind of defeats the purpose.

The month I stopped taking hormonal birth control, my period picked up like nothing had happened. Seriously, I could have probably gotten pregnant right then and there (well, two weeks later when I ovulated...you know what I mean).

I've been on the Pill since I was 19, with a few skipped years between 21 and 24. If it had a negative impact on my fertility, I don't see it. I do think primal has been a tremendous boon to my fertility. My periods from July to May arrived like clockwork, had minimal cramping, and weren't overly heavy. There'd be one heavy day, then everything lightened up. Couple that with a divacup, and it was practically like nothing was going on. This is a huge change from the painful mess I experienced in my 20s.

As always, YMMV.

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    I charted successfully to get pregnant. My story was that I was on the pill for a decade and got off to get pregnant. Through charting I realized that I was having annuvalatory cycles. It took over a year to get my period back. I have never been regular and I am not convinced we are supposed to be so regular... Anyway it took 26 months after my first was born to get my period back. I tracked my temps after that and my cervical fluid. Thanks to that I figured out I ovulated on day 60. I caught that egg and created my son! He is now 26 months old and I still don't have my period. And that's fine. I don't want more kids. I am 41 (so I had my son two weeks before I turned 39). I am tandem nursing and I do fast 5 and still make milk. I am in the best shape of my life. Hear me roar

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningCurve View Post
    Hi All,

Introductory post here. I've been lurking around MDA for about a year now. Lost my way late last year and just got it back together again about two months ago.

I'm 47, perimenopausal,
    Welcome, Learningcurve! Glad to hear you're back on track. The conversations on this thread are a mash up of all that happens in a womans life. Jump in when ever you want. Don't be afraid to change the subject and bring in something new.

Happy to have you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

cactusflower is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Ladies ....

I'm on to day 3 of primal eating. 2 questions for you:

1. Yesterday there were a couple times I felt nauseous between meals (had a piece of fruit both times, it helped first time. second time it didn't but coffee with milk did...?) I assume this is normal when starting primal...?

2. when just starting pb, if you're (me) coming off a high carb, processed, crappy diet and start eating proteins and fats what is your body using for fuel in those beginning stages? Curious.