Page 86 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 86

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Yup, I've read that. Just wondered how many women in this thread also experienced it.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Then I raise both of my hands and my legs. Normally, I do not care for things like chocolate or dairy, but come close to my catamenia, and my cravings go through the roof. My only salvation comes in the form of goat cheese and low-sugar bittersweet cocoa.
    I have irregular cycles(mostly absent) so I'm just starting to make note of how my body reacts close to ovulation, before and after menstruation.

BTW - I just noticed your weight loss in your siggy. Nice work!

Paleobird Guest
    Yeah, Sihana, nice work indeed. Well done.

I never had cravings for particular foods back in the day when I had periods. My only symptom of PMS was raging horniness and none of the men I was with were ever objecting to that.

Paleobird Guest
    Thank you, you are one of the members who originally inspired me when I was lurking on these forums in late 2010, to be honest.
    Awwwww. Thank you for telling me that. It's so nice to know that my flailings around helped someone else.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    I definitely crave carbs more right beforehand, as well as red meat - both for obvious biological reasons I think.

I just have to force myself to make good crab choices, like a strawberry, banana, coconut milk smoothie instead of a cupcake. it's still sugar, but at least it's sugar with some nutrients attached.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I find that it starts just a few days after ovulation, i desire more calories, and it crescendos on the day before I get my period. Then I get my period, and I practically fast for 3-4 days. I barely eat, mostly drink. Then, it's "normal" (or what I consider normal) for two weeks -- feeling normal really until about 3-4 days before menses, when I just feel very hungry and eat an extra 200 calories per day or so.

I'm also way more amorous close to menses, though, I'm always thinking about sex, wanting it, etc. It's just even more intense around ovulation (fertility :P ) and then right before menstruation starts.

So, yay.

I don't get any other PMS symptoms, and never really did. On occasion, I would get bloating. But nowadays, I don't get that at all. Just hungry and horny. LOL

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I've never been able to track my cycle. I am seriously not an organized person in any area of my life. A definite "P" on the Meyers-Briggs. It always bugged me at the doctor's office when they'd ask when my last period was. I couldn't believe anyone kept track of that sort of thing. But I guess most do and I was a total failure of womanhood for being the only one not to. So I have no idea if I get cravings or PMS or anything. I stumble blindly through life. Right now people are on my nerves easily and I spent a week eating beef, beef and more beef but now I'm trying to eat other things this week.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Sol y Sombra is offline Senior Member
    I've posted this in other threads too - I feel like eating more from ovulation to menstruation. Not a particular food and not real hunger, but a desire to eat more. I suppose that would mean my body wants more calories.

Jodis is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    My mom was very reluctant to give up bread. She gave up pasta, but those 2 slices of bread with her coffee in the morning were her sanctuary. So, after reading the Wheat Belly book, I was so enthusiastically pointing out to her that everything about her makes her a typical case of a wheat sufferer... classic big belly with skinniest limbs while she acts super-active lifestyle; her blood sugar, her latest joints problems. She also got a huge increase in weight when she was working on the phone during food shortages and her diet was basically French bread and milk. I was so enthusiastic about how she is just bound to see improvement if she only gave up wheat for 4 weeks, that she decided she will give it a shot while my daughter is visiting with her for three weeks in the end of summer. I am very interested to see if it really helps her, because it seems that she is now at the cross-roads and her health is starting to get worse one little thing at a time, and it makes my heart ache.
    People who eat bread and other wheat/gluten products are often at a loss of WHAT to eat when those are eliminated from the diet. Maybe you can help her have that all figured out before she "tries" the PB WoF?

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I've never been able to track my cycle. I am seriously not an organized person in any area of my life. A definite "P" on the Meyers-Briggs. It always bugged me at the doctor's office when they'd ask when my last period was. I couldn't believe anyone kept track of that sort of thing. But I guess most do and I was a total failure of womanhood for being the only one not to. So I have no idea if I get cravings or PMS or anything. I stumble blindly through life. Right now people are on my nerves easily and I spent a week eating beef, beef and more beef but now I'm trying to eat other things this week.
    You are not alone with the not tracking your cycle. I never knew, usually forgot to track, and only knew it when I was on the pill. But sadly I had messed up hormones after the birth of my son and after a 10 month menses (yes! Light to heavy but non-stop) I stopped having them. I was 39 then and I wonder if I would have gotten them back if I'd discovered the Primal WOL.