Page 85 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 85

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Really happy with my diet at the moment, just really feel good. I told a "friend" last night about drinking milk, I don't think he really approves. Said "moo-kay" when I told him. Rude but what can I do, he doesn't get it & isn't supportive. CW really has him by the throat. He thinks fish oil is the ticket, butter and traditional fats are bad.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I'm on the other end of body types. In my college years I was "boobs on a stick." Definately too thin at 5-4 and 90 pounds. Went home after each of my 4 sons in my pre-pregnancy clothes. Then I hit 40, bad job, stress, went back to school, more stress and ballooned up to just shy of 200. It's been a struggle and I'm down to fluctuating between 160-170. I'm trying to eat PB, but am unable to purge the kitchen due to DH and DS. While I don't see the pounds shifting down, I do feel my shape changing. My face is slimmer and I'm getting back my waist. I think it doesn't matter if you were called thick or skinny growing up, as either hurts and lingers in your memory.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    No fruit=no hunger. (groan) yes, it is that silly. Only 4 days off fruit, and just like last time, almost immediately I can't finish my meals, I have no salivation for food, old favorites just don't taste as great (like almond butter, huh?), and I don't obsess. Psychologically, sugar is fighting back, giving me a dream about eating a watermelon despite 5 HTP. So far was able to cut fruit-plates for my folks without digging in. Feel low doing that though. Those fantastic super-ripe plums I got on 50% sale nearly did me in, bright red inside, juice, and smelling to high heavens.

Luckily, rhubarb is coming up in the garden, so had a couple of rhubarb smoothies (with lemon & egg white and coconut milk and a touch of stevia), soooo good. Too bad I so far only have one big plant. Gotta start dividing it. Need more rhubarb!

I still can't understand why I react to sugars that way.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I'm on the other end of body types. In my college years I was "boobs on a stick." Definately too thin at 5-4 and 90 pounds. Went home after each of my 4 sons in my pre-pregnancy clothes. Then I hit 40, bad job, stress, went back to school, more stress and ballooned up to just shy of 200. It's been a struggle and I'm down to fluctuating between 160-170. I'm trying to eat PB, but am unable to purge the kitchen due to DH and DS. While I don't see the pounds shifting down, I do feel my shape changing. My face is slimmer and I'm getting back my waist. I think it doesn't matter if you were called thick or skinny growing up, as either hurts and lingers in your memory.
    Sounds like my mom! She's 5'1", though, and yes -- she used to come home from the hospital after giving birth in her pre-pregnancy clothes. After she hit 40, though, she started to gain. I've talked to her about primal, but I think she just loves bread too much. Also, she's nearly 70. I think if I managed to lose the last 20 pounds, she might be convinced to actually give it a go, but it hasn't happened, so she keeps on doing Weight Watchers and walking and taking cholesterol meds. Sigh.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Giving up bread has been a struggle and pasta - lived in Italy for 2 years and really learned to love it. But if I can put sauce over zucchini or occasional brown rice, I think I can give it up. I don't know if it's the taste so much as the texture I miss.

My mom was very reluctant to give up bread. She gave up pasta, but those 2 slices of bread with her coffee in the morning were her sanctuary. So, after reading the Wheat Belly book, I was so enthusiastically pointing out to her that everything about her makes her a typical case of a wheat sufferer... classic big belly with skinniest limbs while she acts super-active lifestyle; her blood sugar, her latest joints problems. She also got a huge increase in weight when she was working on the phone during food shortages and her diet was basically French bread and milk. I was so enthusiastic about how she is just bound to see improvement if she only gave up wheat for 4 weeks, that she decided she will give it a shot while my daughter is visiting with her for three weeks in the end of summer. I am very interested to see if it really helps her, because it seems that she is now at the cross-roads and her health is starting to get worse one little thing at a time, and it makes my heart ache.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I saw a commercial for some dresses the other day. If that's the fashion right now, no thanks. I'll wait a few years. Even the nicest figure is going to look like a linebacker in one of those gunnysacks.
    the last dress I bought was my wedding dress - 10.7 years ago! I'm not a girly-girl. Give me comfy jeans and a T and I'm good to go! I did buy a skirt for a cruise we took about 2 years ago - but I never wore it. It was only meant as a bathing suit cover anyway.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    No fruit=no hunger. (groan) yes, it is that silly. Only 4 days off fruit, and just like last time, almost immediately I can't finish my meals, I have no salivation for food, old favorites just don't taste as great (like almond butter, huh?), and I don't obsess. Psychologically, sugar is fighting back, giving me a dream about eating a watermelon despite 5 HTP. So far was able to cut fruit-plates for my folks without digging in. Feel low doing that though. Those fantastic super-ripe plums I got on 50% sale nearly did me in, bright red inside, juice, and smelling to high heavens.

Luckily, rhubarb is coming up in the garden, so had a couple of rhubarb smoothies (with lemon & egg white and coconut milk and a touch of stevia), soooo good. Too bad I so far only have one big plant. Gotta start dividing it. Need more rhubarb!

I still can't understand why I react to sugars that way.
    Isn't that weird? On the other end of the scale, a week of eating beef and more beef and then a little beef with beef on the side and it's like I don't have any salivation for anything. I saw a jar of almond butter this morning and my immediate gut reaction was ew, that's not food. I gotta eat something else though, because the beef's not appealing right now either and I'm hungry.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

Lately, I started having real cravings for meat, meat and meat. In fact, I can't keep up with them sometimes, because I do not have convenient meat handy. Most of our cow and pork is now in roasts and a few steaks + soup bones (yum!!!), so it is hard to get them on the moment's notice. I will have to start to buy ground beef to 'have a little something'.... so I might yet evolve your way eventually. Though I do love veggies and quark a lot, not as much as fruit

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Do you ladies find that your meat or fruit or even starch craving are linked to your menstrual cycle?