Page 81 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 81

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you. I do not look like Paula or the other success stories Mark puts in his blog. My success is more realistic (and hardly miraculous or even complete, I hope). I guess what's miraculous is being able to eat so much and look normal.

Growing up with that skinny little sister scarred me for life, that's for sure. All bony as a child. Perfect bikini body as a teen. She could eat anything she wanted. The only time a boy talked to me was to get to her.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Thank you. I do not look like Paula or the other success stories Mark puts in his blog. My success is more realistic (and hardly miraculous or even complete, I hope). I guess what's miraculous is being able to eat so much and look normal.

Growing up with that skinny little sister scarred me for life, that's for sure. All bony as a child. Perfect bikini body as a teen. She could eat anything she wanted. The only time a boy talked to me was to get to her.
    I prefer your transformation to many of the success stories. Women are meant to have curves and I know many males (my DH is one) that don't like the skinny look. They would prefer a woman that can hold her own and isn't constantly worried about how many calories she is consuming. He knows I want to lose weight because I don't feel well, but otherwise thinks I'm fine. My goals are similar to yours - lose weight so every day activities are easier and life is more enjoyable.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    ^ I agree. You look great sbhikes. It looks like body recomp is working really well for you - you're looking much more athletic while remaining feminine.

At the same height, my weight was similar to yours during my teenage years and has fluctuated similarly to yours during adulthood (apart from a period of about 3 years when it rocketed from about 160 to 196 lbs).

I'd be delighted to get down to about 145 lbs - am sure your pics will help inspire me and others to achieve their goals.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Paleo-bunny and sbhikes, both of you inspire me to no end. I love both of your no-bullshit attitude to doing Primal correctly and being as knowledgeable as possible. And years of wisdom ahead of me. Keep up the good work!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    sbhikes ---- looking good girl! 96 miles in 4 days????? holy s***!!!!! I bow .............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

cactusflower is offline Junior Member
    Hi all. I'm re-introducing myself. I did so a few days ago but haven't been on the board since then.

I am new to pb but i'm finding it difficult to get into the groove again. I started because I get chronic headaches (daily), I suffer from acid refulx and have horrible allergies. I've done all the testing your Dr. normally puts you through and of course there are no food allergies or intolerances or known causes for my headaches or acid reflux.

Have any of you started primal then gone off it for whatever reason and had trouble getting back into it?

Would love to hear your experiences!
    Leanne

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I wanted to wave as well, and say that I love the story & the pics look like a fantastic progress. I am very interested in the long term impacts of paleo and proper training without over-training and slow, steady pace of development. If it will actually cause body recomp or keep things status quo?

At any rate, this is sustainable...

Yesterday, during this all-day session I was looking directly at what makes me feel that well, maybe I do have it as good as it gets. There was that one lady in the room, who was that size 2 or 0 that I covet so much (well, actually it is size 4, but whatever)... and well, she was pasty-pale, with no eye-lashes and horrid hair, and there was some sort of skin irritation at her neck... during the whole day she put away a small pack of cookies and a tiny juice box. I was sitting there, tacking away a double portion of salad with feta and olives (no dressing) and a chicken skewer, and then I was done, alert and energetic, while everyone endlessly chomped down cereal bars, granola poisons, and all that looking like they are ready to pass out.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Oh wow: so this is where the other ladies are!

Please allow me to introduce myself (hope I am not barging in): My name's Jenna. I am 37, and living in the San Francisco Bay area. I discovered MDA and Primal eating about 2.5 years ago, and I have never looked back.

I haven't lost much weight- and I have a lot to lose. But I have kicked some major issues that have plagued me since childhood. Now I am slowly working in more exercise, and trying to get into the weight loss groove. I got to about page 42 of the thread, and still have a lot to read. But I thought I would jump in and say HI before I continue catching up! You guys are an inspiration.

I also wanted to thank the person (I am not sure who) recommended reading The Schwartzbein Principle. I started reading it on my Kindle last night, and it's completely blowing my mind.
    With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    Hi all. I'm re-introducing myself. I did so a few days ago but haven't been on the board since then.

I am new to pb but i'm finding it difficult to get into the groove again. I started because I get chronic headaches (daily), I suffer from acid refulx and have horrible allergies. I've done all the testing your Dr. normally puts you through and of course there are no food allergies or intolerances or known causes for my headaches or acid reflux.

Have any of you started primal then gone off it for whatever reason and had trouble getting back into it?

Would love to hear your experiences!
    Leanne
    Yup. I'm still a newbie, though. I started early March and lost 29 lbs in one month (inflammation / water weight). Then I lost about 4-5 more pounds and had a Crohn's flare which scared the primal outta me. I could only manage yogurt and white rice and milk & stuff. I figured perhaps toxins affected me when I began losing the actual fat as opposed to the water weight. Who knows. I'd gone off allergy meds, inhalers, and had been doing great. Then came the 6 week slow slide back to semi-sad semi primal. I gained only 3 lbs but the aches, the asthma, the sinus, the allergies crept back too. I don't know why, I just watched myself erase so much of that wonderful progress.

Every day I tried to get back but it took a while before I pulled my primal socks up and am now, finally, doing great again. I've lost about 6 lbs in 4 days and no more allergies or asthma. Whew!

I will say that I think I re-gained so little because that was a weight I was at for a good 8 or 9 years, so it's a set point for me. I'm thrilled to be back on the road to health & weight loss.

So don't be discouraged! Now I tightly plan my week's food, sleep, & exercise, but once morning comes around I feel it's a battle between the healthy me and the unhealthy one. That's a battle in my mind I have to take one day at a time.

Make sure you stay away from your triggers. Since I cook & shop for a SAD Dad, husband, and son (who all eat different things) it can be tough. If you need a pep talk, or sympathetic 'ear' email me or post here... you CAN do it! Just one day at a time. And you'll feel better and better!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, Ladies! I'm up with the sun this morning and getting ready to paint my master bed/bathroom. Yeah! got room darkening curtains and a new bedspread! Can't wait. Whole30 is going great and I'm finally losing again! Have a wonderfully primal day, all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.