Page 80 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 80

  1. #791
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,597
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I just started reading a really good blog.
    Paleo For Women
    added that one to my favorites bar! thanks!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  2. #792
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,597
    results of saliva test are in! And finally we have something to work with. Cortisol is very high in the morning, and not low enough in the evening - so, 2 kinds of adrenal support supplements. Thyroid is a bit low (I KNEW IT!) so, Armour Thyroid. Iron is a bit low, so up the iron supplements. Melatonin is a bit low - so, add that at bedtime.

    She thinks getting my Thyroid and Iron levels up will decrease my diarrhea problems! (YEAH!!!)

    She told me to continue with the paleo diet - and encouraged the whole30 thing.

    I'm feeling encouraged that I will start to feel a bit more energy and zest again very soon!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  3. #793
    teach2183's Avatar
    teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    results of saliva test are in! And finally we have something to work with. Cortisol is very high in the morning, and not low enough in the evening - so, 2 kinds of adrenal support supplements. Thyroid is a bit low (I KNEW IT!) so, Armour Thyroid. Iron is a bit low, so up the iron supplements. Melatonin is a bit low - so, add that at bedtime.

    She thinks getting my Thyroid and Iron levels up will decrease my diarrhea problems! (YEAH!!!)

    She told me to continue with the paleo diet - and encouraged the whole30 thing.

    I'm feeling encouraged that I will start to feel a bit more energy and zest again very soon!
    Sounds like you're on track to sorting some things out! Let us know how it goes.

    I did search for the adrenal fatigue threads and they were confusing. But I may just be having trouble understanding things now because I'm SO tired. In fact, off to nap!

  4. #794
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Sounds like you're on track to sorting some things out! Let us know how it goes.

    I did search for the adrenal fatigue threads and they were confusing. But I may just be having trouble understanding things now because I'm SO tired. In fact, off to nap!
    My suggestion is to get a saliva test. If your doctor doesn't do them you can actually order them online and send them in - although, it could be a bit pricey. I think mine said if insurance doesn't cover its $220.00 But, might be worth the bucks to get things figured out! Good luck!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  5. #795
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I have light skin and dark hair - can you tell me about this TRIA system? Has it been effective?
    This is their website.

    Laser for Hair Removal - At-Home Laser Hair Removal | TRIA Beauty

    Your light skin/dark hair combination is perfect. It was very effective for me. It's nice to be able to go on a Caribbean cruise where you are minimally clad all the time and not even have to think about razors, wax, nair(nasty chemical stuff), etc.

    The TRIA system does take some time. You have to keep doing it every couple of weeks because not all your hair follicles grow at the same time. But then once you are done, it's done. Permanently. It is not painful, more like uncomfortable. Each zap is like someone taking a rubber band and snapping it on your skin.

    Personally, when it comes to intimate places like my armpits or bikini line, I would rather be doing the lasering myself than have some salon tech poking around there.

  6. #796
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I just started reading a really good blog.
    Paleo For Women
    Checked it out, and it really is good stuff.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  7. #797
    KerryK's Avatar
    KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the Hudson Valley, New York
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I just started reading a really good blog.
    Paleo For Women
    OMGosh, this is a VERY interesting blog! Thank you for recommending this!

  8. #798
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,547
    Okay, I promised I would post pictures of myself. I put them in the giant success stories thread.

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post858444
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

  9. #799
    KerryK's Avatar
    KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the Hudson Valley, New York
    Posts
    389
    Sbhikes - you look AMAZING! I commented there, but DANG! You look so healthy and slim. Wow.

  10. #800
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Really impressive!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •