Page 80 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 80

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I just started reading a really good blog.
    Paleo For Women
    added that one to my favorites bar! thanks!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

results of saliva test are in! And finally we have something to work with. Cortisol is very high in the morning, and not low enough in the evening - so, 2 kinds of adrenal support supplements. Thyroid is a bit low (I KNEW IT!) so, Armour Thyroid. Iron is a bit low, so up the iron supplements. Melatonin is a bit low - so, add that at bedtime.

She thinks getting my Thyroid and Iron levels up will decrease my diarrhea problems! (YEAH!!!)

She told me to continue with the paleo diet - and encouraged the whole30 thing.

I'm feeling encouraged that I will start to feel a bit more energy and zest again very soon!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    results of saliva test are in! And finally we have something to work with. Cortisol is very high in the morning, and not low enough in the evening - so, 2 kinds of adrenal support supplements. Thyroid is a bit low (I KNEW IT!) so, Armour Thyroid. Iron is a bit low, so up the iron supplements. Melatonin is a bit low - so, add that at bedtime.

She thinks getting my Thyroid and Iron levels up will decrease my diarrhea problems! (YEAH!!!)

She told me to continue with the paleo diet - and encouraged the whole30 thing.

I'm feeling encouraged that I will start to feel a bit more energy and zest again very soon!
    Sounds like you're on track to sorting some things out! Let us know how it goes.

I did search for the adrenal fatigue threads and they were confusing. But I may just be having trouble understanding things now because I'm SO tired. In fact, off to nap!

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Sounds like you're on track to sorting some things out! Let us know how it goes.

I did search for the adrenal fatigue threads and they were confusing. But I may just be having trouble understanding things now because I'm SO tired. In fact, off to nap!
    My suggestion is to get a saliva test. If your doctor doesn't do them you can actually order them online and send them in - although, it could be a bit pricey. I think mine said if insurance doesn't cover its $220.00 But, might be worth the bucks to get things figured out! Good luck!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I have light skin and dark hair - can you tell me about this TRIA system? Has it been effective?
    This is their website.

Laser for Hair Removal - At-Home Laser Hair Removal | TRIA Beauty

Your light skin/dark hair combination is perfect. It was very effective for me. It's nice to be able to go on a Caribbean cruise where you are minimally clad all the time and not even have to think about razors, wax, nair(nasty chemical stuff), etc.

The TRIA system does take some time. You have to keep doing it every couple of weeks because not all your hair follicles grow at the same time. But then once you are done, it's done. Permanently. It is not painful, more like uncomfortable. Each zap is like someone taking a rubber band and snapping it on your skin.

Personally, when it comes to intimate places like my armpits or bikini line, I would rather be doing the lasering myself than have some salon tech poking around there.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Paleo For Women
    Checked it out, and it really is good stuff.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Paleo For Women
    OMGosh, this is a VERY interesting blog! Thank you for recommending this!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I promised I would post pictures of myself. I put them in the giant success stories thread.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post858444
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Sbhikes - you look AMAZING! I commented there, but DANG! You look so healthy and slim. Wow.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Really impressive!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com