Page 76 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 76

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    Bacon-wrapped quails. A pretty brilliant idea on my part.
    yum........... but, I just couldn't eat those adorable little birds! how 'bout bacon wrapped cornish gam hens? Does that work to?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Paleobird Guest
    I think committing to a whole 30 is a great thing to do, Tomi. If you prove to yourself that you can do without certain stuff for 30 days and the world keeps turning, then you can walk away permanently. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I think committing to a whole 30 is a great thing to do, Tomi. If you prove to yourself that you can do without certain stuff for 30 days and the world keeps turning, then you can walk away permanently. Let us know how it goes.
    thats why I'm doing this - I need to get back into the "clean" mode - and stop muddying things up by eating junk. When I veer off the plan I end up with fibromyalgia pain and feel just yucky all over! That in itself should be incentive enough to stay on path but I always think - "oh one tiny little bite won't hurt anything" and then an hour later I want another tiny little bite - and on and on............. I'm sure everyone is very familiar with the pattern. SO - I need to play a little hardball to get back to where I want to be.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    About the home laser machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Ooo, I had no idea that existed... That will be my birthday wish. Thank you ^_^
    If it might be an issue for you, find out whether it only works on black hairs, as has been true of some laser hair removal.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    [/B]

No, no, no, Tomi. Careful there. Nothing is *making* you do anything. Having bad things around makes it easier to choose to cheat, but it's still a choice. Own the choice and you can make the change.

Didn't mean to scold. I just don't like people (particularly women) doing the helpless thing. We are stronger than that if we want to be.
    *Sigh* You're right. I live with a father, husband and son who all eat SAD in varying degrees. I strongly chose to slip big time and I have no one to blame but myself. It's haaaard. . I made a list this morning of all the nasties that are creeping back like a stiff hip, using my inhaler, puffy circles under the eyes, no more weight loss... Their food now doesn't look quite as good to me any more.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamsc View Post
    About the home laser machine
    If it might be an issue for you, find out whether it only works on black hairs, as has been true of some laser hair removal.
    The TRIA won't work on white or really light nordic blond hair. It also will not work on anyone with very dark skin. It works on the contrast between your hair and your skin color to know only to zap the hair. But just about any shade of brown or black hair is fine. And we're talking about your natural shade here, not anything you may have altered because it only matters what is at the root.

lil old paleo me is offline Junior Member
    You can do it Tomi!!!! I think our problem is that we worry too much about calories and counting. You have to up your fat intake in order for this thing to work. I probably eat somewhere between 2000 to 3000 calories a day on average. Just really LOW CARBS. Half the plate is meat and half the plate is veggies and salad. Snack on meat sticks. Don't worry about counting, just eat when you are hungry. Don't mean to preach but that is what works for me. Try it -- you'll like it If you are having carb cravings -- up the fat intake.

lil old paleo me is offline Junior Member
    You can do it Tomi!!!! I think our problem is that we worry too much about calories and counting. You have to up your fat intake in order for this thing to work. I probably eat somewhere between 2000 to 3000 calories a day on average. Just really LOW CARBS. Half the plate is meat and half the plate is veggies and salad. Snack on meat sticks. Don't worry about counting, just eat when you are hungry. Don't mean to preach but that is what works for me. Try it -- you'll like it
    Don't think about what you can't have -- think about what you can have -- there are tons of choices.

If I lived alone I'd be 100% paleo - but I give in to the temptations that are around me. But for now - I'm not giving in to anything that isn't strictly whole food! If I can go 30 days - why stop there? My hubby wants to go meet his girls for dinner this Thursday - they live about 45 minutes away - and I think I'm going to beg off and let him go. They will be eating Indian Food - which I can totally manage without having the rice or the naan -- or the mango lassi --- but I'd rather just stay home and eat my own cooking.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hey ladies! Today was my second day of PB. I'm more or less following the 21 Day Transformation. I feel good about these two days because I also teach cooking classes to children (cupcake decorating, first thing in the morning!) but I didn't even snitch a single M&M, even when I was hungry. Yay!

I can already tell the hard part for me is going to be planning ahead for meals. I teach cooking three days a week and I'm a nanny twice a week, so I'm not home for lunch very often. I also don't feel hungry for breakfast usually, so if I skip, I start feeling snacky around 10 or 11. What things do you bring for your lunches? I just made some meatloaf to bring for tomorrow.

Here's my other thing: A lot of times, I feel "hungry" or even "hunger pangs" within two hours after eating a no/low carb, especially a salad [even with lots of goodies]. I just had two slices of greasy (yuck) meatloaf and I feel hungry now, an hour later. Thing is, I've had a stomach ulcer before [heavy NSAID doses for joint pain], and when it's acting up it feels a lot like hunger and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. I don't know why this healthy food would make that happen though... anyway, any similar experiences or ideas?

I'm 5'7, and I'm starting at 170 lbs and 40% body fat. I feel like that is so much fat and I don't feel good about that number at all :-/ My husband is in Afghanistan and I have about 7 months to get this body under control!
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs