Page 75 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 75

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Fat Head - Blog site for the comedy-documentary Fat Head

watch it.......... he's funny and smart!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

You might also be interested in this one:
    Fat Head Video of the “Big Fat Fiasco” Speech

It is basically the second half of Fathead (minus all the refuting the other guy's movie stuff) and then expanded on just that part in a lecture format. It is still entertaining to watch and I have found it useful in getting Primal concepts across to people with thickly coated CW skulls.

have you ever talked to a doctor about having your testosterone checked? Could be out of whack and causing the extra body hair. I have found as I've gotten older that my body hair is both thinning in its individual hair thickness - and the amount I have on my body. I have to look really hard to find any hairs on my forearms now, and the leg hair is pretty sparse also. However, I've never really had a problem with it - blonde and fair skinned, so not a whole lot of body hair. Do some research on testosterone in women. Never know?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Since the hair thread went bye-bye, I wanted to ask what most of you do in regards to excess body hair? I have really thick body hair, and go through razor blades too quickly. I tried an epilator, but half the time it could not pull the hair out of the root. I was thinking I either would have to try self-waxing, a cream, or waste a lot of time by plucking everything out. :S Any other ideas?
    I used a TRIA home laser machine. They are a bit pricy but if you figure in the cost of razors, wax, etc, for the rest of your life, it might pay for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You might also be interested in this one:
    Fat Head Video of the “Big Fat Fiasco” Speech

It is basically the second half of Fathead (minus all the refuting the other guy's movie stuff) and then expanded on just that part in a lecture format. It is still entertaining to watch and I have found it useful in getting Primal concepts across to people with thickly coated CW skulls.
    *THICKLY COATED CW SKULLS* = my hubby! I'll look for that one too! thanks! Mind you - he will eat what I prepare at home, and loves it --- but will ask for goodies when the mood strikes - which makes me lose my resolve, and eat bad things!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Paleobird Guest
    *THICKLY COATED CW SKULLS* = my hubby! I'll look for that one too! thanks! Mind you - he will eat what I prepare at home, and loves it --- but will ask for goodies when the mood strikes - which makes me lose my resolve, and eat bad things!!!!

No, no, no, Tomi. Careful there. Nothing is *making* you do anything. Having bad things around makes it easier to choose to cheat, but it's still a choice. Own the choice and you can make the change.

Didn't mean to scold. I just don't like people (particularly women) doing the helpless thing. We are stronger than that if we want to be.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-04-2012 at 05:56 PM.

lil old paleo me is offline Junior Member

Went to the website -- great stuff. CW has pushed statins for so long, it time to just say NO.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Mine is currently chowing down on a bag of Doritos. Oh but all that saturated fat I eat's gonna killz me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Bacon-wrapped quails. A pretty brilliant idea on my part.

PrimalCon New York
    [QUOTE=Paleobird;854557][/B]

No, no, no, Tomi. Careful there. Nothing is *making* you do anything. Having bad things around makes it easier to choose to cheat, but it's still a choice. Own the choice and you can make the change.[QUOTE]

Paleobird - you're totally right here! and I know it. I make the choice to put that stupid cookie in my mouth - he isn't forcing me to eat what he's eating. Thanks for the finger shake! I always welcome a little correction! Yesterday I started Whole30 --- so this will get me back on track and get the weight loss moving again!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.