Page 54 of 183 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 54

  1. #531
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,673
    Shop Now
    No more time of the month for me! YEAH! There are benefits to being 51!

    Liver? YUCK! GROSS! I just can't get into organ meats.......... nope, not gonna do it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  2. #532
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Okay - I've been taking magnesium supplements, but then I added up all the magnesium in ALL my supplements and I was about twice the RDA. So I stopped taking the added supplement. Maybe I need to do some more research on this one. How much is too much? My supplements are 500 mg and it says its 125% of the RDA. I think everything else totals 400 mg. Should I be taking that much? Today I read that magnesium helps muscles to release - and I have a terrible problem with cramping in my hands and feet. I'm gonna check WebMD and see what they say. Man this stuff is hard to figure out!
    I am NOT recommending everyone take as much as I do, but I find I need 800 mg every day. It was tough because taking that much was also causing me to be a little loose stoolwise, but if I went down to 400 mg the migraines came back more often and my legs got twitchy at night again. So now I take 400 mg before I leave for work (6am) and another 400 mg before I go to bed (8pm). Breaking it up like that seems to keep the migraines and twitchiness away and still make bathroom visits pretty normal.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  3. #533
    Lizzielou's Avatar
    Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brunei
    Posts
    650
    I took magnesium supplements when pregnant with my daughter and they were excellent help preventing cramps and restless leg syndrome (drove me crazy whem my son was a new born).

    I never thought about weather or not you could overdose on it. I just followed the packet directions. Its referred to as a 'trace element' so I would assume that we are not supposed to have it in any great quantities, but I'm also thinking that its water soluble therefore if you take too much you just pee it out. Not sure about that one - try googling it to make sure.

  4. #534
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,705
    Liver and chanterelle mushrooms are my favorite meal. I can't imagine not liking either one.

    Oddly I ate some oysters the other day. They are like the liver of the sea. Same texture. I thought they were kind of gross, but I was really hungry when I ate them. Sometimes I like to eat things that are a little gross. They grow on me. I'll probably buy some more, especially if I can find any that aren't smoked.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

  5. #535
    Kenzington's Avatar
    Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    293
    If I eat liver in the form of Pate does that count? (Little globs wrapped up in lettuce with cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts and sliced radishes?) I'm kind of afraid of trying to make it. I want someone else to come and do it for me.

    Oysters Sbhikes.... now you're talking. I've never had them raw though. I must try that too.

  6. #536
    onalark's Avatar
    onalark is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Clemente, CA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenzington View Post
    If I eat liver in the form of Pate does that count? (Little globs wrapped up in lettuce with cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts and sliced radishes?) I'm kind of afraid of trying to make it. I want someone else to come and do it for me.
    Of course it counts! This is how I get most of my liver. I eat chicken liver pate straight for breakfast!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenzington View Post
    Oysters Sbhikes.... now you're talking. I've never had them raw though. I must try that too.
    Raw oysters from a reputable source with lots of lemon...om nom nom nom.

  7. #537
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I am NOT recommending everyone take as much as I do, but I find I need 800 mg every day. It was tough because taking that much was also causing me to be a little loose stoolwise, but if I went down to 400 mg the migraines came back more often and my legs got twitchy at night again. So now I take 400 mg before I leave for work (6am) and another 400 mg before I go to bed (8pm). Breaking it up like that seems to keep the migraines and twitchiness away and still make bathroom visits pretty normal.
    OH.............the laxative effect. That might be the answer to the "issues" I was having last week when I was taking 500 mg supplements ON TOP of what was already in my other vitamins!!! I should have known - epsom salts is my go to laxative when I need it - RARELY. The IBS keeps me extremely "flushed"!!!!! (LOL!!!)

    Okay - so now what do I do with the brand new bottle of magnesium pills? I don't think they cost more than a few bucks - but still.

    Thanks for the "light bulb" moment.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  8. #538
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    OH.............the laxative effect. That might be the answer to the "issues" I was having last week when I was taking 500 mg supplements ON TOP of what was already in my other vitamins!!! I should have known - epsom salts is my go to laxative when I need it - RARELY. The IBS keeps me extremely "flushed"!!!!! (LOL!!!)

    Okay - so now what do I do with the brand new bottle of magnesium pills? I don't think they cost more than a few bucks - but still.

    Thanks for the "light bulb" moment.
    Unless you just switched to a different type of magnesium, you probably still need it. The vast majority of people do. I think the laxative effect eases up a bit (or maybe just with me). You could try cutting them in half or spacing out the timing. Other than that, I have no clue. Find a friend that always looks constipated? Though I can't see that being an easy question...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  9. #539
    kalli889's Avatar
    kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Liver and chanterelle mushrooms are my favorite meal. I can't imagine not liking either one.

    Oddly I ate some oysters the other day. They are like the liver of the sea. Same texture. I thought they were kind of gross, but I was really hungry when I ate them. Sometimes I like to eat things that are a little gross. They grow on me. I'll probably buy some more, especially if I can find any that aren't smoked.
    I freaking love oysters. I was highly suspicious at first, but they are amazing. They taste like heaven, and they make me feel giddy and alive and like a switch has turned on for aliveness. They have to be GOOD oysters though. It's incredible.

    I like pate, I'll try a lettuce wrap dealy-o. Nom nom nom.
    My Leptin Reset Journey


    Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

  10. #540
    PamBam's Avatar
    PamBam is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    115
    It's my first TOM on PB...day 2 and I haven't gained any weight! How strange is that!? I usually gain between 4-5 lbs. of water weight and rarely lose any weight at all at least this week of the cycle and next week is usually the "recovery" week and I usually don't lose that week either. It'll be interested to see how that goes.

    Would have been nice to not get cramps, but alas, some things never change...

    Has anyone else experienced a lack of bloat since living the PB?
    5'10" HW 264 (9/15/2011) PSW 238 (4/9/2012) CW 231 GW 165

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •