Page 52 of 183 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 52

kalli889 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Cheat step 8-11: MUST EAT ALL OF THE WORLD"S TACOS.
    Day 12. What are you talking about? tacos are disgusting.
    Hilarious. Exactly. This exactly exactly exactly.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Thank you for the link. I've been reading the book 'Catching Fire' and it would make sense that women historically ate more carbs than men due to the fact that they gathered the carby food and likely snacked while working.
    I've been reading Leptin Reset boards, and it seems like women do better (lose more weight, feel better) with >50g carbs. When I was tracking weight and measuring every day, it did seem like slightly higher carb intake did make me lose more weight and feel better in my skin. FWIW. So I'll eat apples and things, even though fruits are a no-no on LR. They positively affect me, and I'm my own n=1. I don't think I ever go over 100g.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    I've been reading Leptin Reset boards, and it seems like women do better (lose more weight, feel better) with >50g carbs. When I was tracking weight and measuring every day, it did seem like slightly higher carb intake did make me lose more weight and feel better in my skin. FWIW. So I'll eat apples and things, even though fruits are a no-no on LR. They positively affect me, and I'm my own n=1. I don't think I ever go over 100g.
    Same for my n=1 experiments as well. Too low carb stalls out weight loss and makes me depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    My staples are sardines, kale, eggs, lately almonds, green tea, blueberries & red meat.
    I'm interested in eating more sardines, but I don't know what to do with them. Do you put them on top of salads? I used to eat kippered herring with crackers, but now I eat no crackers. Any delicious tasty ideas for sardines are welcome.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    What to do about birth control? I would really to be off BCP, but on another hand I just HATE periods (and Seasonale gives me only 4 a year!) and on another - I am really afraid that by some miracle we'll get pregnant, which will be a huge trauma for us.
    In Europe they use melatonin for birth control. Also google Queen Anne's lace seeds and high-dosage of Vitamin C (no rose hips!). I've successfully used Vitamin C as a cheapo Plan B. I think a lot of cultures used to have this knowledge before they started burning female herbalists as witches.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    okay, ladies.......... Just had a not so pleasant visit with my doctor. Seems the blood work I just had done indicates that I'm at a high risk of having a heart attack. How nice! I just conquered fibromyalgia by going paleo/primal --- and now this! Doc says lose weight, avoid alcohol, up the fish oil, exercise......
    Google magnesium and chronic heart disease. We're all mostly deficient in magnesium (along with everything else these days) and from what I've read, we get too much calcium (which can displace magnesium). Calcium helps our muscles contract, and magnesium helps them release. So if you imagine a heart attack, it's basically your heart just totally contracting and being unable to stop. Magnesium helps muscle cramps of all kinds (even lady cramps!). I saw this article about Paleo, magnesium and heart disease last night, I'll try to find it.

I use magnesium oil spray, Epsom salt baths, and the CALM supplement before bed. This, along with PB, has made my experience of stress go WAY down. Stressful things? Meh. Totally chill now. Or almost totally chill.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Quote Originally Posted by VTmeetsMontréal View Post
    I'm not sure of my exact body fat percentage (5'8 150 lbs, athletic build) and I know I'm not pregnant.

I saw a doctor about 2 months ago and expressed I didn't have a period for a while and she didn't seem overly concerned... she just checked if I was pregnant or not and then left it at that.
    I used to have HIGHLY irregular cycles. (I could go 6 mos w/o and NOT be pregnant!) One truly magical thing that has worked for me is ACUPUNCTURE. Seriously. It started it the next day. Amazeballs. And it was mild and friendly. Another thing that helps me is iodine supplements. Google iodine and reproductive health. We women need a lot of iodine in our reproductive tissues.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I eat sardines regularly but I'm not very creative about it. I open the can, squeeze a couple mustard packets on it, and eat it at my desk.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Continually amazed at how good cold thermogenesis is for perimenopausal symptoms. My sleep hasn't been this good in years.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmallOne View Post
    liver and eggs is like one of my top 5 favorite breakfasts (hamburger and eggs may be number 1... or cold chicken leftovers in the summertime)
    How do you cook liver? Do you just fry it in butter? I'm intrigued, yet intimidated.
    My Leptin Reset Journey