Page 33 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 33

lessofkate is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This morning is day 3 of the 80x3. So far, doing great for eating. I'm using fitday to track and I notice it's not always accurate compared to the actual product labels, so I'm going by the labels.

One of the things I truly enjoy for part of my breakfast is my "cream of wheat" which is 1/3 c cold water, 2 tbsp plain gelatin, 1 tbsp flax meal, 1.5 tsp butter and a packet of truvia. It really does taste like cream of wheat to me and I think it is really helping with the sagging skin issue.

Anyway, off to work.

TTFN!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Way to go lessofkate! I'm on day 4 and so far so good. I'm actually looking forward to weigh in on Monday. Keep it up all.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Lessofkate and Pedidoc!!! Great job!!!! I think this is a really good goal for what my body needs. I'm feeling great! I've actually been doing the 80x3 since April 1st - but wasn't totally on track - hence the challenge to keep me honest. I'm finding I need to add carbs and fats by the end of the day. Yesterday I finished dinner with 37 remaining carbs and and 20 remaining fats. A little treat of dark chocolate uses up a whole lot of that! And what a way to finish off the day!

The Willamette Valley is showing signs of busting out in the full colors of SPRING!!! YES!!!! That means the lawn mower and my bicycle (bubbles) are going to be my 2 best friends for a while! Love riding - and love mowing! I'm going to have bad hair all summer - cuz I'll either be wearing my bicycle helmet - or my radio/ear muffs! What a sight...........

Ladies --- I have to say, this is going to be a wonderful year for me! After 10 years of living with the pain and fatigue of fibromyalgia - I am finally feeling good and getting strong and fit! 2 years ago I was applying for disability, but after changing my diet and getting my body moving, I'm up in the morning and wondering what kind of fun the day will bring! I'm able to work again - albeit, only part time, but I'm loving life! My husband told me last night he's finally ready to sell the ski boat and get a boat with the cuddy kitchen, bathroom and bedroom! We're going to look at one this weekend that is 27 feet, its an '89 and gently used. So, this summer we will be spending weekends on the boat - swimming in the lake and kayaking to our hearts content! I'm so excited!

Okay......... just had to get that out! Have a wonderful day - stay the course! The pay offs are great!

So are we going to have Monday's as status check days?

Monday's work for me. I'm jealous Tomi of all the water activities and your free time. I'm back in school (2nd doctorate) and beginning to ask myself - why, why, WHY did I think this was a good idea! I live 800+ miles from my full time job, so do much via email, conference calls, and Skype. We did finally sell our El Paso house - due to close in may, so down to 1 house payment, yeah. I also work 2 days a week in an undeserved clinic, so free time is at a premium. For the next challenge, I need something along the lines of 4 x a week for 4 weeks to get into a good habit.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Pedidoc ---- You sound like a very ambitious gal! SECOND doctorate??? I'm impressed - but I'll take my quiet life instead. We own a small business, and the busy season runs from late March to early November. Winter is our only time for a real vacation - so in the summer months we have to take advantage of the weekends. My husband works about 65 hours a week in the peak season, so he needs his down time on Saturday afternoons and Sundays. I only work part time now, due to the fibromyalgia fatigue. But I do all the housework and yard maintenance so my hubby doesn't have to think about that stuff on the weekends. I believe in keeping life simple and uncomplicated. By your sign in name - I am guessing you are a Pediatrician?? I'm curious - do you have a family? and how do you juggle all that and stay sane?

Why the desire for the second doctorate? If you don't mind my asking........

Monday's work for me too........ I have been weighing on Wednesdays though and I think I'll stay with that. But reporting on the "SUCCESSES" we're having on Mondays is a good plan. It will help us stay on track over the weekend if we have to TELL ALL come monday morning!
    Last edited by tomi; 04-12-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: wasn't finished

Actually I'm a pediatric nurse practitioner with a clinical doctorate and now going for a PhD. First so I could continue to teach NPs and move up to teaching in the doctorate program. Second because I'm interested in vicarious PTSD in the children exposed to Juarez violence along El Paso-Juarez border. I'm also working on standardizing a new obesity measure for kids. Yes I have 4 sons. 19 (sophomore in college), 21 (waiter), 25 (Starbucks barista), and 27 (police and married to a RN). I've been in school pretty much since the youngest was a toddler because I've got a masters and a post masters. Yes I introduce my self as Dr., but I add I'm a PNP who didn't know when to stop going to school!

I like Mondays because it holds me accountable over the weekend!

On the other hand I'm going to a wedding reception tomorrow and in Texas there will be high carb foods and margaritas. I'm going to do my best, but am afraid I will have to restart my 80x3 on Saturday.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 04-12-2012 at 07:06 PM.

I'm finding myself feeling pretty bloated with this 80x3 eating. I'm not sure because I haven't been tracking but I think my carb intake has been under 30 for the last four months and certainly under 80 for the last year or so and I'm having to really push it to get the carbs up. But I've also added an egg every day in my pumpkin stuff* which has an egg in it, and eggs on their own give me issues. I thought that was really upping my carbs but the whole thing has about 10g of carbs. It's really yummy with some melted butter on top. : 0

So I'm going to try cutting out the daily egg stuff but I'm having a hard time upping the carbs on just fruits and veggies. What do you gals eat to get your carbs up? I have NO PROBLEM with the fat and the protein, just the carbs.

I really want to find a "go to" way of eating that will help me maintain but right now I feel like I weigh ten pounds more than I did last week and I'm too afraid to weigh to find out if that's true!

*(1/2c pumpkin, 1 egg, 1tbsp CO, 1 pkt truvia, 2 tbsp flax meal, 1/2 tsp baking powder - all mixed in a bowl and nuked for 3 minutes)

So I'm no expert, but maybe try lowering carbs and keeping protein and fats at 80 grams?

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you have been vlc for 4 months then your body will take time to adapt to the higher carb levels. I'd give it at least a few days or a week to give your body time to accommodate the change.