Page 31 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 31

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    About the 80 x 3 approach .......... I'm finding its a pretty good natural balance for me - well, I guess I do have to work at getting in all those carbs. I'm becoming a carb-a-phobic I think. Except for ice cream! Yum........... Even when I eat a sweet potato I'm trying to add more carbs for the day. Nuts are good healthy source - but they also have a lot of fat! On the days I was hitting 80 x 3 I was steadily losing. I need to remind myself of that when I'm cringing about those carbs.

If anyone is looking for a good source to look up food items for tracking - I use CalorieKing. They do have a complete on-line diet thing that you can join for like 5 bucks a month - but the nutritional guide is free. I use it several times a day.

Okay - can someone tell me how to make the signature thing?

adr617 is offline Member
    So, what's the 80 x 3?

I made a signature, obviously, but I can't find it again...
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    To add/change your signature, click on Forum Actions (black bar just above the thread page numbers), Edit Profile and click on Edit Signature on the left hand side.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Hello ladies!

Thought I'd better stop in hear and confess my sinful easter egg eating over the weekend. Only two small marshmellow filled eggs, and one of those caramel filled ones. One hot cross bun eaten on Thursday also, as I handmade two batches for the residents at the retirement village where I work - all that hard work needed to be rewarded! How did the rest of you go?
    I was more naughty than I wanted to be; but all things considered, I did okay. We had dinner at my parents', and it was great - ham, some grilled chicken, broccoli and green beans, and sugarless coleslaw. I "splurged" a bit on 1/2 a sweet potato with butter, CO, and cinnamon - YUM! - and some fruit salad (no sugar added). I was quite happy with myself, because Dad made his famous homemade bread, complete with homemade plum jam, and Mom baked TWO pies! Plus mashed potatoes and gravy and all that jazz. (I haven't convinced them yet that primal is the way to go... ) And I resisted temptation! For a while, anyway...

After dinner, Mom gave me a peanut butter-filled chocolate bunny and a Cadbury egg - my favorite!! And hubby (bless his punkin head - he KNOWS how serious I am about sticking to my diet!) got me a chocolate bunny as well. I think to myself, these are GIFTS! I can't refuse them! Mom has given me Easter candy all my life - I can't stop the tradition now. So I ate 1/3 of hubby's bunny, the peanut butter bunny, and the Cadbury egg. OH. EM. GEEEE. I got so loopy, it was like I was drunk - then I CRASHED like a rock. Today, I felt hungover - nauseous, bloated and crampy, and NO energy. I combated the lethargy all day with a TON of protein, lots of crunchy fresh veggies and plenty of water. I finally feel like my old (er, new?) self again.
    It definitely drove home to me how good I feel when I eat like I should, and how BAD bingeing makes me feel! No more chocolatey havoc for me!

Quote Originally Posted by lessofkate View Post
    Meegads ~ great job on the weight loss and working on the healthy path. And I agree that Bonanza is a little off the beaten path. : P
    Thanks! And hello to a fellow Oregonian!

Your comment made me chuckle - "off the beaten path" is right!
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

mee-shell is offline Junior Member
    Hello! I'm new to the forums. Stayed up way too late last night reading this particular thread. I was intrigued by the 80 80 80 idea and decided to try it today. I think I could do 80 carbs and 80 protein easily, but I'm curious about how to get more good fats? I had some greek yogurt and two pieces of beef bacon and I'm at c=19, p=18, and f=8. A spoonful of coconut oil? Blerg!

Quote Originally Posted by mee-shell View Post
    Hello! I'm new to the forums. Stayed up way too late last night reading this particular thread. I was intrigued by the 80 80 80 idea and decided to try it today. I think I could do 80 carbs and 80 protein easily, but I'm curious about how to get more good fats? I had some greek yogurt and two pieces of beef bacon and I'm at c=19, p=18, and f=8. A spoonful of coconut oil? Blerg!
    Mee-shell --- welcome to the thread. If you're having trouble getting in enough fat (thats certainly not MY problem!) have eggs fried in butter for breakfast. One large egg is 5.3 grams of fat - and the added butter should give you at least another 10 grams - assuming 1 tsp. of the butter stays with the eggs. So, 2 or 3 eggs for breakfast would add another 26 grams of fat for the day.

Yesterday I went way over on my protein! I had ham for breakfast, some left over roast beef for lunch and chicken for dinner! I was shocked to see that I had 114 grams of protein! I don't usually eat that much protein.

I'm not seeing any challenges being thrown out there.......... So - here's one. TWO FULL WEEKS OF TOTALLY CLEAN EATING. No cheats - no slips - no excuses. Anyone with me?

CHALLENGE.................... TWO FULL WEEKS OF TOTALLY CLEAN EATING. Starting Wednesday - April 11.

Who wants to do this?

JayGee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    CHALLENGE.................... TWO FULL WEEKS OF TOTALLY CLEAN EATING. Starting Wednesday - April 11.

Who wants to do this?
    Me please ! The dark chocolate eggs in my kids' Easter baskets have been calling my name a little too often. I know eating clean will solve those cravings and the sugar lows that follow.

I'd better introduce myself too. I'm turning 44 this weekend, mother of 3, married, and have lost the same 20 pounds at least 20 times. Sigh.... Primal (actually paleo, no dairy) makes me feel great, helps my moods, and cures my excema. I just need to stick with it!

Jeannie_5 is offline Member
    -It's no one elses biz what is or is not considered relevant on a particular thread. She has the right...Just sayin'.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

Who wants to do this?
    At 80x3? Then I'm in.