Page 26 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Shop Now
    From personal experience I now find it difficult to lose weight when I have inflammation and so much easier to do when I'm healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    Jo, which Schwarzbein book are you reading?
    The Schwarzbein Principle II: The Transition, but only because it was the only one in our library. I would have liked to read her first book because the reviews on Amazon were so amazing.

Hi Ladies..
    I was wondering if anyone here bought the book The Primal Blueprint 21 Day Transformation. I just wanted to know is it more geared toward the men like most of the forum tpoics are...
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Quote Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Hi Ladies..
    I was wondering if anyone here bought the book The Primal Blueprint 21 Day Transformation. I just wanted to know is it more geared toward the men like most of the forum tpoics are...
    I haven't bought it because I don't believe in miracles. 21 days? WTF?

Plus I expect it is geared towards the men!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

I know ..that what i was thinking too. I just wanted to know if anyone had any success with it. I have learned so much off the forum..i just didn't want to waste my money.. Thanks
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    The Schwarzbein Principle II: The Transition, but only because it was the only one in our library. I would have liked to read her first book because the reviews on Amazon were so amazing.
    This sounds interesting. I will check out her books. Thanks.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Someone recently posted a link to a really good review of her books and he said that her part II was the best one of the three.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Interesting. I just requested all three and her cookbook (she also has a cookbook for vegetarians, not interested). I would have thought that they built upon the previous one, or else, each volume was an update of the previous one. I guess I'll see when I get them and can compare. I'm reading on her site right now, Schwarzbein Principle - Endocrinology - Controlled Carbohydrate Plan - Vitamin Supplements - Menopause Testing. I'm especially interested because I'm pre-diabetic and endocrinology and diabetes are her specialties. I'll buy one (or more) of her books after I look them over, if I think they're really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Thanks Tomi! I will look at increasing my vitamin D3. I will try the 80-80-80 plan and start moving. I'm in Texas, so think hot humid yuck outside. I used to love riding bikes when I lived up north, but not so much now. I started at 198, am now 166, and would like to hit the 140s. I've gone from a size 16-18 to a loose 12, tight 10. I think it will help to have cyber buddies to help me stay on track.
    WOW - congrats on weight loss! 32 pounds is something to be very proud of!

I don't know what kind of schedule restrictions you have - but you could try riding in the early morning hours when its reasonably cool-ish? Or, in the evening if you have a safe place to ride. Texas is a tough one......... I'm in Oregon. You fight the scorching sun - and I fight the drenching rain! Its been raining for WEEKS here! March went down as the highest rainfall in Oregon's history - needless to say - I didn't get out much. As I type this I'm watching my neighbors out walking in the rain - I guess if I just put on a coat with a hood I'd be good to go....... Maybe this afternoon after work - or maybe I'll just lift something heavy for a while!

I started at 206 - currently at 188 - goal 135-140. I'm shooting for a size 8 or 10. Before I gained all this weight starting in 2001 I was sorta "small chested" - a 34 A (how embarrassing!) - but after gaining up to 206 I ended up a 40 D!!! I'm sick of these boobs and ready to have a nice little chest again - bra's for big girls are not very attractive or comfortable! I was hoping to be further along than I am - I started primal in October - but I wasn't doing very well in letting go of some of my bad habits --- rum and diet coke (helped me sleep with the insomnia of the fibromyalgia) But I don't need it anymore - trouble is, it went from needing it to sleep, to just a nice way to relax in the evenings. Hubby likes to have some on the weekends and it was hard to say no - I love the taste. But, a recent visit to the doc has given me good incentive to ditch the bad habits and take off the weight! I'm only 51 and she told me I was at a high risk for a heart attack! HOLY MOLY! Time to get serious. I go back to the doc in June and I want to see some better numbers on my lab results.

I'm very anxious to hear what you girls think of the 3 x 80 thing -- let me know if you're seeing results! I definitely am. My next official weigh day is the 11th of April. So - I'll be sure to report whats happening. You do too please!

Stay the course, girls!

Shop Now
    I got insomnia from cheap cod liver oil. Is it because it probably contains soy bean oil?