Page 26 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 26

AussieNana is offline Member
    Shop Now
    From personal experience I now find it difficult to lose weight when I have inflammation and so much easier to do when I'm healthier.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    Jo, which Schwarzbein book are you reading?
    The Schwarzbein Principle II: The Transition, but only because it was the only one in our library. I would have liked to read her first book because the reviews on Amazon were so amazing.

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ladies..
    I was wondering if anyone here bought the book The Primal Blueprint 21 Day Transformation. I just wanted to know is it more geared toward the men like most of the forum tpoics are...
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Hi Ladies..
    I was wondering if anyone here bought the book The Primal Blueprint 21 Day Transformation. I just wanted to know is it more geared toward the men like most of the forum tpoics are...
    I haven't bought it because I don't believe in miracles. 21 days? WTF?

Plus I expect it is geared towards the men!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    I know ..that what i was thinking too. I just wanted to know if anyone had any success with it. I have learned so much off the forum..i just didn't want to waste my money.. Thanks
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    The Schwarzbein Principle II: The Transition, but only because it was the only one in our library. I would have liked to read her first book because the reviews on Amazon were so amazing.
    This sounds interesting. I will check out her books. Thanks.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Someone recently posted a link to a really good review of her books and he said that her part II was the best one of the three.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Jodis is offline Member
    Interesting. I just requested all three and her cookbook (she also has a cookbook for vegetarians, not interested). I would have thought that they built upon the previous one, or else, each volume was an update of the previous one. I guess I'll see when I get them and can compare. I'm reading on her site right now, Schwarzbein Principle - Endocrinology - Controlled Carbohydrate Plan - Vitamin Supplements - Menopause Testing. I'm especially interested because I'm pre-diabetic and endocrinology and diabetes are her specialties. I'll buy one (or more) of her books after I look them over, if I think they're really worth it.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Thanks Tomi! I will look at increasing my vitamin D3. I will try the 80-80-80 plan and start moving. I'm in Texas, so think hot humid yuck outside. I used to love riding bikes when I lived up north, but not so much now. I started at 198, am now 166, and would like to hit the 140s. I've gone from a size 16-18 to a loose 12, tight 10. I think it will help to have cyber buddies to help me stay on track.
    WOW - congrats on weight loss! 32 pounds is something to be very proud of!

I don't know what kind of schedule restrictions you have - but you could try riding in the early morning hours when its reasonably cool-ish? Or, in the evening if you have a safe place to ride. Texas is a tough one......... I'm in Oregon. You fight the scorching sun - and I fight the drenching rain! Its been raining for WEEKS here! March went down as the highest rainfall in Oregon's history - needless to say - I didn't get out much. As I type this I'm watching my neighbors out walking in the rain - I guess if I just put on a coat with a hood I'd be good to go....... Maybe this afternoon after work - or maybe I'll just lift something heavy for a while!

I started at 206 - currently at 188 - goal 135-140. I'm shooting for a size 8 or 10. Before I gained all this weight starting in 2001 I was sorta "small chested" - a 34 A (how embarrassing!) - but after gaining up to 206 I ended up a 40 D!!! I'm sick of these boobs and ready to have a nice little chest again - bra's for big girls are not very attractive or comfortable! I was hoping to be further along than I am - I started primal in October - but I wasn't doing very well in letting go of some of my bad habits --- rum and diet coke (helped me sleep with the insomnia of the fibromyalgia) But I don't need it anymore - trouble is, it went from needing it to sleep, to just a nice way to relax in the evenings. Hubby likes to have some on the weekends and it was hard to say no - I love the taste. But, a recent visit to the doc has given me good incentive to ditch the bad habits and take off the weight! I'm only 51 and she told me I was at a high risk for a heart attack! HOLY MOLY! Time to get serious. I go back to the doc in June and I want to see some better numbers on my lab results.

I'm very anxious to hear what you girls think of the 3 x 80 thing -- let me know if you're seeing results! I definitely am. My next official weigh day is the 11th of April. So - I'll be sure to report whats happening. You do too please!

Stay the course, girls!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I got insomnia from cheap cod liver oil. Is it because it probably contains soy bean oil?