Page 23 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 23

Today has been really rough. Craving pizza and cheeseburgers bad. Think I will make lettuce wrapped burgers tomorrow for dinner.

Other than my cravings, I've been feeling pretty good. I ate some homemade chicken vegetable soup for lunch and I'm going to have some pesto tilapia and veggies for dinner.
    My journey for health, energy and a balanced life page http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36813.html

tomi is offline Senior Member
    After much deliberation I've decided to quit taking my cholesterol meds - again. I went off of them after going primal for 2 months, I stayed off for 2 months and then had my numbers checked. Unfortunately the numbers didn't do what I had hoped. Instead of going down, all the but the triglycerides went UP! So, that combined with the elevated CRP and she wanted me back on low dose statins. To my protest, I agreed. But, after only 10 days I was having pretty bad aches and pains. I decided not to live with that, so the meds are gone. I'll give it 6 months and see what the numbers are doing at that time. I have an appt to see the doc in 3 months - I'll go ahead and keep that appt but I already sent her an email and told her I wanted to go off the statins. They are causing too much muscle and joint pain. So many people on here report wonderful results in their blood tests by going primal - I want to be one of them!!!!

Hopefully........... I will be.

Here's a new strategy I'm trying - compliments to Pebbles67 for the idea! I'm balancing my macronutrients 80-80-80 - with a total calorie load of 1360. I'm giving it a one month a trial to see what happens. So far its working well. I'm able to hit those numbers pretty closely. Anyone else doing anything similar? Hows it working for you?
    Last edited by tomi; 03-29-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: not complete

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Here's a new strategy I'm trying - compliments to Pebbles67 for the idea! I'm balancing my macronutrients 80-80-80 - with a total calorie load of 1360. I'm giving it a one month a trial to see what happens. So far its working well. I'm able to hit those numbers pretty closely. Anyone else doing anything similar? Hows it working for you?
    80/80/80? I'm confused. Math is not my strong suit, and I admit I may just be being dumb, but don't they need to add up to 100? o_o

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Tomi:

look up betaine (in beets). it's good at lowering triglycerides and positively affecting homocystine levels. B-vitamins too. Get those balanced out as well, and it should help. Honestly, *beans* are good for this. I know it's not technically primal, but if you can tolerate a bit (properly prepared) it might do you well to help with those levels. A friend of mine had a similar issue, and that's what worked for her (eating beans and beets -- and it doesn't have to be every day).

onalark --

i think she means 80g fat, 80g protein, 80g carbs -- which equals 1360 calories. 80(9) + 160(4) = 1360 calories.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    80/80/80? I'm confused. Math is not my strong suit, and I admit I may just be being dumb, but don't they need to add up to 100? o_o
    maybe she means 80g fat, 80g carbs, 80g protein

720+320+320=1360

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Oh! Got it. Thwew. All is right in my brain again.

your version of the "two week habit" was amazing zoebird! It totally made me smile. Dang it if it isn't bad sometimes getting over the craving period. It is like sometimes anything that isn't nailed down geeze. Ah well. It is that little thing called testosterone that gives men the upper hand it seems, at least sometimes......stupid testerone j/k

I keep seeing the same post from cx122328h -- looks like some kind of spam. It always follows a post about hormones. Is there a way to report those types of things???

Yes - I meant 80g carbs, 80g fats and 80g protein. Its working great. I'm down 4 pounds in 5 days - so something must be working right!

anybody know how to make one of those weight ticker things for the signature? Probably have to do the advanced thing - I'm gonna try...........

nope - that didn't work

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yup. just click on the black triangle of death on the bottom of the post.