Page 181 of 183 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 181

  1. #1801
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,499
    Primal Fuel
    Shade, good on you for quitting smoking! You might want to check this out: Inhalation of vapor from black pepper ex... [Drug Alcohol Depend. 1994] - PubMed - NCBI

    If you do want to try black pepper essential oil to help kick the habit, be sure you get therapeutic grade certified pure essential oil. That way you won't get any of those sneaky ingredients in it!

  2. #1802
    Shade's Avatar
    Shade is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Did you mention your height? Is it possible you're actually at a good weight?
    I'm just barely 5'6" on a good day, 5'5" on normal days, lol, and I have a very slight build... the only part of me that's considered above average is my bust (smallest I've ever been is a 34C) LOL! I really appreciate your suggestions and it's entirely possible that I should throw out my scale... buuuut, I've done the math for body composition and my weight with 18 to 24% body fat puts my final weight at 118-125 lbs... I set my first soft goal to 130 lbs because that seemed achievable by my 30th birthday on May 8th. (Note: it's primarily about my health, with the bonus of fat loss!) But I still believe weighing myself less often will probably help, so your advice is not going unheard!

    That black pepper oil...I'm gonna have to give that a shot! Thank you so much for recommending it!

    <3 Shade

  3. #1803
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,202
    Hey Shade, I'm the same height as you (just a hair over 5'6" everyday though ). I have kind of an athletic structure (broad shoulders, wide rib cage), but have never been muscular. I have a very small bust, and up until a couple of years ago, 115-118 lbs was my average very thin and non-muscular weight. I would suspect that your "ideal" weight is probably higher than mine, though I don't know heavy breasts are! I'm probably around 125 lbs now, no idea what BF %. I'm working on becoming more active to get the physique I've been looking for and I've found that's been really positive for my self-image too. I don't worry so much about how I look, just how I feel .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

  4. #1804
    Shade's Avatar
    Shade is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hey Shade, I'm the same height as you (just a hair over 5'6" everyday though ). I have kind of an athletic structure (broad shoulders, wide rib cage), but have never been muscular. I have a very small bust, and up until a couple of years ago, 115-118 lbs was my average very thin and non-muscular weight. I would suspect that your "ideal" weight is probably higher than mine, though I don't know heavy breasts are! I'm probably around 125 lbs now, no idea what BF %. I'm working on becoming more active to get the physique I've been looking for and I've found that's been really positive for my self-image too. I don't worry so much about how I look, just how I feel .
    Thank you NamelessWonder! Yes, you're probably very correct. I'm trying to focus on just how I feel and look in a mirror without a number attached to it and I'm happier with my body than I was 5 months ago. I just had my heart set on achieving a goal by 05/08, however I just don't see that happening seeing as how my weight has stalled out at 142-143lbs for about two weeks... no diet changes, nothing. Except I've increased my exercise to include daily walks and now some light jogging around the neighborhood. Hopefully my body will get back on track!

  5. #1805
    mbtwos's Avatar
    mbtwos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    32
    I disagree with the statement about men being more dedicated and strict. My husband indulges every day on little apple pies with his coffee and on weekends, he drinks rum and cokes. I have been very strict and have not lost any weight or seen anything significant since I started in Sept 2012. I lost 15 lbs in 2 months, and haven't seen any movement since. No starch, no sugar, I even try to limit some of the veggy intake to keep the carbs down. I am 49, I haven't had any pre-menepausal symptoms, I have no medical conditions, so it can't be blamed on hormones or a lack of dedication!

  6. #1806
    FarmGal417's Avatar
    FarmGal417 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5
    Hi, I've spent the last several days lurking, and wanted to jump in. I came to MDA by way of WheatBelly. I've been wheat free for over a year, after spending my entire life with IBS issues that have gone away since becoming wheat free. I've also lost 16 pounds and feel better mentally and physically. Now I'm working on removing the crap from my diet and getting stronger.

    I'm 58, married for 30 years to a great guy, and as you can tell by my handle, live on a farm in SW MO. Look forward to getting to know you all better.
    Linda

  7. #1807
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmGal417 View Post
    Hi, I've spent the last several days lurking, and wanted to jump in. I came to MDA by way of WheatBelly. I've been wheat free for over a year, after spending my entire life with IBS issues that have gone away since becoming wheat free. I've also lost 16 pounds and feel better mentally and physically. Now I'm working on removing the crap from my diet and getting stronger.

    I'm 58, married for 30 years to a great guy, and as you can tell by my handle, live on a farm in SW MO. Look forward to getting to know you all better.
    Linda
    Awesome progress. Welcome to the girls' clubhouse. No Boys Allowed.

  8. #1808
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Awesome progress. Welcome to the girls' clubhouse. No Boys Allowed.
    (I keep trying to sneak them in every once in a while... Mom's gonna be mad!)
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  9. #1809
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,945
    RitsRose sent me in here. Said there would be punch and pie. What is this place?


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  10. #1810
    me2's Avatar
    me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    569
    Well, here I am! I'm 33 yr old 5'5'' 155 with and athletic fat covered build. I have this lovely fat belt that connects my love Handles to my gut. I've been primal for 3years. For the past 1:5 yrs I've been on a primal form of gaps for my fucked gut. It's still not fully healed but getting there. Truth be told I had one summer of out of control gluten free grain filled cheating and I lost about 10 lbs, then gained it back. I'm now 100% compliant, but I have a wine problem. Also I don't eat organ meat, could that effect me? Honestly, I have a weight problem even being primal which sucks because everyone sees what I eat and thinks that's why I'm fat. Hearts.




    Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

    ‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •