Page 180 of 183 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 180

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The suspense is killing me- what did the test say?
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    The suspense is killing me- what did the test say?
    AF showed up just before lunch. Apparently my hormones are really screwed up.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    am bumping this from waaaay back.

sooooooooooooooooooo, i thought i might have a yeast infection. i'm not prone to them, but have been sitting, working, more than i normally do.

so, i remember reading on here, plus with some google-fu, that putting a garlic clove in my vagina overnight would cure it. i did that on tuesday night and removed it when i woke up wednesday. web says "some" burning is normal. ack. i am feeling like absolute firecrotch still. sex this morning was like my insides were an inferno being scraped by a pumice-coated penis.

long-term monogamy here, no chance of std's.

is this normal? is there something i can put down there to safely quench the fire? jeebus, it feels awful.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Never put anything in your vagina that would also burn if put in your eyes....
    LMAO. if the cure had said stick a habanero up there i might have thought otherwise, but i know garlic has magic powers. duh. i like to think i am so smart. ok, so an epsom salts bath sounds good, but anything else? aloe? vitamin e?

god i sound like a dumbass, lol. i just don't want to make this worse and i know moisture feeds yeast!
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    Aww you poor thing! I know that desperation. here is one suggestion.

Natural live yoghurt - thrush? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

Shade is offline Junior Member

Red face Hello Fellow She-Groks!

Hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a bit and finally decided to jump into the fray for some support and encouragement. I'm 29 years old - about to turn 30 May the 8th - and so about half a year ago I made a commitment to my health and to improve it. I've been eating Primal since November (that's 5 full months now) back when my starting weight was 190 lbs. Since November I have dropped a total of 48 pounds and I feel SO much better on the inside, too.

Front.jpg

I have a few health problems, a seizure disorder, left arm tremor, and idiopathic hypersomnia (Translated Literally: Unknown Too Much Sleep). Since eating Primal I've noticed that I sleep better, my arm tremors have decreased (personally, I think they're related to hormones as symptoms increase around menstruation and ovulation, but I'm no doctor), no seizure activity for the past 9 months to the day, and I have way more energy than I used to.

Also turns out that I'm legit allergic to gluten so I'm sure that carries a bevy of its own symptoms. Thankfully eating Primal has literally saved my life, I tell everyone about it, and sometimes I get silently angry at people in the supermarket when I look and see that their basket is full of bread, cereals, rice, junk food, beer, etc... but hey, that's just me. I've started to see all of the ridiculous crap they put in everything that goes into your body: just last night I was going to take some vitamin C to ward off the remnants of a cold, and the ingredients listed "sodium laurel sulfate." O.o That stuff is in shampoos as a foaming agent and a degreaser... why would I want it INSIDE my body? Random tangent aside, I am a She-Grok and I look forward to chatting with everyone here!

<3 Shade
    Go Primal or Go Home!
    Started Primal: 11/01/2012
    Starting Weight: 190 lbs
    Current Weight: 142 lbs
    Goal Weight: 125-130 lbs
    Pounds Lost So Far: 48 lbs

My Blog (With Pictures!) About Primal Progress!

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Shade! What an awesome story you have! Thanks for sharing it. interesting about the vit C? Was it a pill, something you put in water or what?

Your pics are wonderful!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a bit and finally decided to jump into the fray for some support and encouragement. I'm 29 years old - about to turn 30 May the 8th - and so about half a year ago I made a commitment to my health and to improve it. I've been eating Primal since November (that's 5 full months now) back when my starting weight was 190 lbs. Since November I have dropped a total of 48 pounds and I feel SO much better on the inside, too.

Front.jpg

I have a few health problems, a seizure disorder, left arm tremor, and idiopathic hypersomnia (Translated Literally: Unknown Too Much Sleep). Since eating Primal I've noticed that I sleep better, my arm tremors have decreased (personally, I think they're related to hormones as symptoms increase around menstruation and ovulation, but I'm no doctor), no seizure activity for the past 9 months to the day, and I have way more energy than I used to.

Also turns out that I'm legit allergic to gluten so I'm sure that carries a bevy of its own symptoms. Thankfully eating Primal has literally saved my life, I tell everyone about it, and sometimes I get silently angry at people in the supermarket when I look and see that their basket is full of bread, cereals, rice, junk food, beer, etc... but hey, that's just me. I've started to see all of the ridiculous crap they put in everything that goes into your body: just last night I was going to take some vitamin C to ward off the remnants of a cold, and the ingredients listed "sodium laurel sulfate." O.o That stuff is in shampoos as a foaming agent and a degreaser... why would I want it INSIDE my body? Random tangent aside, I am a She-Grok and I look forward to chatting with everyone here!

<3 Shade
    Hello Shade and Welcome.
    I am another epileptic. Have you seen my thread about ketosis and reducing my meds?

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread64225.html

Lots of people have chimed in with their stories. This touches a lot of people's lives. Your experiences would be an interesting addition to the thread if you feel l like it.

Shade is offline Junior Member
    Valmason01: Thank you! I'm happy to share if it means helping others out! The Vitamin C was in a tablet form, a generic 1,000 mg from Kroger... all I can think is "eugenics," lol. Thank you again!

PaleoBird: I LOVE your posts, I did not know about your epilepsy though, and I am definitely going to check that link out! I am hoping that Primal will solve most of my problems (onset was when I was 23) or at least reduce medication. Thank you so much! I am more than happy to share anything here and I have to say I'm super happy that there's a "ladies thread" to get away from the "dude bros," lol.

Everyone: Don't cringe... I'm still trying to kick my cigarette habit (10 years) because I believe that's what's at the root of everything affecting me... I'm putting poison in my body and I know it, and I want to quit so badly... it's just hard. Because I know Grok didn't smoke today's cigarettes. And if I'm concerned with chemicals like sodium laurel sulfate, I should be concerned with the chemicals every single cigarette doses out. I'm trying. The absolute hard limit is the day I turn 30 - May 8th - and there will be absolutely no cigarettes smoked on that day or thereafter... forever.

What pushed me to finally join this forum and this thread is that I've hit a plateau in my weight loss (normal, I know) and my body just doesn't want to budge. I've read about the LReset and upping carbs, but I'm happy eating what I am now... I'm addicted to my meat and veggies... I just think I need to be less sedentary as I've done little to no exercise these past few months, aside of house work and some heavy yard work. Anyway, I'm happy to be here!
    Go Primal or Go Home!
    Started Primal: 11/01/2012
    Starting Weight: 190 lbs
    Current Weight: 142 lbs
    Goal Weight: 125-130 lbs
    Pounds Lost So Far: 48 lbs

My Blog (With Pictures!) About Primal Progress!

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    What pushed me to finally join this forum and this thread is that I've hit a plateau in my weight loss (normal, I know) and my body just doesn't want to budge. I've read about the LReset and upping carbs, but I'm happy eating what I am now... I'm addicted to my meat and veggies... I just think I need to be less sedentary as I've done little to no exercise these past few months, aside of house work and some heavy yard work. Anyway, I'm happy to be here!
    Did you mention your height? Is it possible you're actually at a good weight? You've done such a great job, perhaps now you want to throw out the scale (or stop focusing on it) and focus on getting stronger. I've been disappointed with the scale for a while, but when I deadlifted 170lbs today, I felt pretty good. Check out PBF or if you have access to a gym/weight bench, I highly recommend Starting Strength.

Good luck!