Page 179 of 183 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 179

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    some of you may appreciate this Aug 2010, scored a bad bout of whooping cough (coughed my guts up all day, every day till November. Such fun!) Add to this the fact that I've had 4 children and as you can imagine, my pelvic floor was shot. I tried the old 'pull up' exercises but it did very little to improve the situation.

Well, on Christmas Eve, I was able to stop a wee!!! First time since the disease. So happy I finally have some control back. (lots of squatting plus kettlebells)
    I had that too, right after Labor Day in September and it really sucked. I was thrilled to stop coughing by Thanksgiving, 2 months later, since it's supposed to last 3 whole months. Definitely wreaked havoc on my pelvic muscles. Not cool.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Mine are not as bad as that, but for a 24 year old without any major medical issues and no kids, it's not exactly expected for me to have pelvic floor muscle issues!

For anyone with hormonal challenges: I got to a rather holistic practice for my medical needs. I've been trying various vitamins and supplements for my digestive issues, and the gyn I see recommended Vitex for my low progesterone. I started at one capsule a day, and increased to 2x daily after about a month and a half, when I'd gone through a full cycle and it seemed like it had helped with my PMS symptoms (very low mood & cramps for the week preceding my period). I boosted it to 4x daily and saw a HUGE increase in energy and mental focus overall. It's awesome! I'm backing off to 3x and will probably try 2x daily again. I don't want to take too much.

I know some people prefer Dong Quai, but I was told to try Vitex/chasteberry. So far, so good!

I don't know when we'll retest my hormones, but I want to wait a couple months more (it's probably been about 2 since I started taking it).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I am new here as well. 39 yo, no kids, in a LTR with a great guy. I'm 5'5" and I had undiagnosed Hashimotos thyroid disease for 9 years which resulted in a 90 lb weight gain. My high was 225. I am 179 now. Goal weight is 130-135 area although I think I could go as low as 125 and still look good without looking overly thin. I tend to carry a lot of muscle and have very muscular legs, shoulders and arms. When I'm carrying very little body fat, it looks good, though. I just began primal one month ago and have lost 10 lbs so far. I expect I may go up a little as I've been at my parents for a week now and they don't understand the concept of no grain at all. I'm also in a very rural area and access to the good primal types of foods are almost non-existent at the local stores which seem to carry only conventionally grown foods. But once I'm home again I plan to re-commit to being fully primal as I truly believe that this lifestyle is sustainable and I believe in the theory and science behind it.

Hi ladies!
    Welcome! You're off to a great start! If you haven't started a journal - let me encourage you to do so. Its very helpful and you can build quite a support team.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if anyone is still checking this thread. If you are, anyone know anyone that has become pregnant after a husband's vasectomy? DH had his done 3/11 and was cleared 8/11. I am on day 34 and have been pretty regular 28-30 days for the last year. Several possible symptoms including feeling like I'm getting my period but nothing but some clear discharge here and there. Kind of freaking out over here and considering getting a test on the way to play soccer tonight if there's time.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Not sure if anyone is still checking this thread. If you are, anyone know anyone that has become pregnant after a husband's vasectomy? DH had his done 3/11 and was cleared 8/11. I am on day 34 and have been pretty regular 28-30 days for the last year. Several possible symptoms including feeling like I'm getting my period but nothing but some clear discharge here and there. Kind of freaking out over here and considering getting a test on the way to play soccer tonight if there's time.
    I don't know anyone personally but I've read anecdotes about it. Sometimes the vas deferens (however you spell it) repairs itself. I don't think it's common, and I thought that it was standard practice for the guy to go back in for a test to make sure he's shooting blanks about a month later? Has he done that?
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I know that it's not IMPOSSIBLE, nothing is "impossible"... but male sterilization is the most reliable form of birth control that is available if that makes you feel any better.

The only people I have ever known that had a pregnancy after the surgery didn't pay attention to the fine print and were having unprotected sex before he got the "all clear" test... not so smart.

My husband and I have been safely using his cut pipes for YEARS with no incidents.

If it makes you feel better grab that test... but more than likely you are just experiencing a slight hormonal shift and your period will show up soon. I know that can be scary for someone who has always been very regular. I guess I'm lucky in that I've never been regular at all, so any lateness or missed periods never fazed me for even a minute once my husband got his "all clear".
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I don't know anyone personally but I've read anecdotes about it. Sometimes the vas deferens (however you spell it) repairs itself. I don't think it's common, and I thought that it was standard practice for the guy to go back in for a test to make sure he's shooting blanks about a month later? Has he done that?
    He went back for all required testing. 5/11 and 8/11 I think. I know it was twice afterwards.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Always a good idea ot just take a test and see. Our doctor appointments for immigration were dragged out because the little pee strip test for whatever was coming up green instead of yellow. . . which could have been due to pregnancy. So, I couldn't get my chest x-ray. Being religious about not-conceiving, we were freaking out. I was also about 5 days late (but sometimes that happens), so it was a double freak.

Took the test the next AM, no preggers. Went to the doctor with test and pee came out with yellow strip instead of green, got the x-ray all clear. Did that, and the next morning, got my period. Who knows waht that was?

Anyway, sometimes a cycle will go overlong due to stress or any number of things, but it never hurts to just have a test and see.

I hope you get the outcomes that you want!

Paleobird Guest
    It's possible that it's not him, it's you. Your cycle could be adjusting to eating Primal (not sure how long you've been at this). Also, how old are you? It could be that you are peri-menopausal. The bell curve on when menopause happens goes from 35 to 55 with most getting it in the mid 40s but I have a friend who had hers all done and dusted by 35.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It's possible that it's not him, it's you. Your cycle could be adjusting to eating Primal (not sure how long you've been at this). Also, how old are you? It could be that you are peri-menopausal. The bell curve on when menopause happens goes from 35 to 55 with most getting it in the mid 40s but I have a friend who had hers all done and dusted by 35.
    I just turned 30 2 weeks ago, so pretty sure it's not menopause issues. I've been primal for about a year now, so it's not an adjustment to that. I bought a test on the way home tonight and will test in the morning. Been feeling sick all night and had no stamina at soccer tonight. The only thing is I feel like I won't know until I either end up with a positive test or my period as I tested negative with my daughter 2 days before I tested positive. Guess time will tell and we'll see what God has in store for our family!