Page 178 of 183 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 178

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good Luck, Valmason01! Let us know what happens...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

notthepapa is offline Junior Member

same 'problem', my solution

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    EEEESH........... looked it up on wiki. I think I'll pass on that one. But maybe some of the old Harlequin Romances are in my future.......... if I want to keep hubby happy!
    I could go for a long time without, husband not so much, so I devised a plan. We printed numbers 1-7 on paper- each number on its own piece of paper- dropped them in a jar and he got to chose a number (no peeking). Whatever that number is, that is our schedule for a month. 5= every five days, etc.

At the beginning of every month we alternate who picks the number; if he picks a seven he can't blame it on me not being 'interested'- it just is what it is- luck o' the draw, so to speak. We call it the honey-do-(me) jar..(I know- the name just doesn't get any tackier than that!)

Of course, if choosing the number one, which equals every day for that month is too much a couple could chose what the most comfortable minimum is for them...

This way we both know what to expect and when- no muss, no fuss!
    Last edited by notthepapa; 12-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.

that sorta takes the sponteneity and romance out of it though............ I think the name is perfect!

MACA so far isn't doing me any help. When its gone I won't be buying more. Seems the best option for us is a night of rum and diet coke! And with my son moving out in the next month - we will have free reign of the house! Close the curtains and turn up the fire!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

notthepapa is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up i hear ya!

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    that sorta takes the sponteneity and romance out of it though............ I think the name is perfect!

MACA so far isn't doing me any help. When its gone I won't be buying more. Seems the best option for us is a night of rum and diet coke! And with my son moving out in the next month - we will have free reign of the house! Close the curtains and turn up the fire!

spontaneity has never been my strongest suit but if something's on my calendar it gets done - besides, you can always add a few sessions if the spirit moves you
    but for a partner who might be feeling 'deprived (or depraved)' it's nice to know what the schedule is so nobody gets hurt..

fwiw I didn't know where to insert myself into this conversation so I just chose one of your posts out of the many; I wanted to share my idea but didn't know quite where to post it- hope you don't mind!

nope
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Joeysdoll is offline Junior Member
    I'm 47, no kids, hypertension is the only current health issue. New here and liking this thread. Trying to take off 50 lbs and reduce BP which currently runs 155/89. Wondering how well paleo will work for me as I enter peri-menopause. I recently experimented with a vegetarian diet v. paleo: two weeks eating nothing but veggies/fruits, no sugar v. paleo (no nuts/seeds, very little fruit). On vegetarian-lost 1 lb in two weeks. On paleo, 2.5 lbs in 4 days. This stuff works!! Probably could have lost more had I made it to the gym more than once, but there it is.

Cannot wait to get back into shape on paleo!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Don't just think about counseling -- go and get it. It's worth it, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeysdoll View Post
    I'm 47, no kids, hypertension is the only current health issue. New here and liking this thread. Trying to take off 50 lbs and reduce BP which currently runs 155/89. Wondering how well paleo will work for me as I enter peri-menopause. I recently experimented with a vegetarian diet v. paleo: two weeks eating nothing but veggies/fruits, no sugar v. paleo (no nuts/seeds, very little fruit). On vegetarian-lost 1 lb in two weeks. On paleo, 2.5 lbs in 4 days. This stuff works!! Probably could have lost more had I made it to the gym more than once, but there it is.

Cannot wait to get back into shape on paleo!
    Yes it does work! Welcome and good luck!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I am new here as well. 39 yo, no kids, in a LTR with a great guy. I'm 5'5" and I had undiagnosed Hashimotos thyroid disease for 9 years which resulted in a 90 lb weight gain. My high was 225. I am 179 now. Goal weight is 130-135 area although I think I could go as low as 125 and still look good without looking overly thin. I tend to carry a lot of muscle and have very muscular legs, shoulders and arms. When I'm carrying very little body fat, it looks good, though. I just began primal one month ago and have lost 10 lbs so far. I expect I may go up a little as I've been at my parents for a week now and they don't understand the concept of no grain at all. I'm also in a very rural area and access to the good primal types of foods are almost non-existent at the local stores which seem to carry only conventionally grown foods. But once I'm home again I plan to re-commit to being fully primal as I truly believe that this lifestyle is sustainable and I believe in the theory and science behind it.

Hi ladies!

Bron is offline Senior Member
    some of you may appreciate this Aug 2010, scored a bad bout of whooping cough (coughed my guts up all day, every day till November. Such fun!) Add to this the fact that I've had 4 children and as you can imagine, my pelvic floor was shot. I tried the old 'pull up' exercises but it did very little to improve the situation.

Well, on Christmas Eve, I was able to stop a wee!!! First time since the disease. So happy I finally have some control back. (lots of squatting plus kettlebells)