Page 175 of 183 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 175

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    apparently reading fifty shades of grey is an antidote!
    EEEESH........... looked it up on wiki. I think I'll pass on that one. But maybe some of the old Harlequin Romances are in my future.......... if I want to keep hubby happy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    According to Mark's post today, maca root may be a good option. I'm pretty curious. My sex drive first plummeted about 4 years ago, when i was 20. I think it was partially due to the SSRI's I was on, and continued anxiety and depression. This year has been the best (aside from the short "honeymoon period" I had with my current Boyfriend almost 3 years ago) for me since then, but it's still up and down, with no apparent correlation with diet or lifestyle changes. Of course, I'm not 100%. I've still got the constipation, anxiety, depression, and hormonal imbalances (low progesterone) to sort out. I'm hoping that supplementing Vitex will fix my progesterone and improve my sex drive, but I know it's really a combination of all of those things.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    EEEESH........... looked it up on wiki. I think I'll pass on that one. But maybe some of the old Harlequin Romances are in my future.......... if I want to keep hubby happy!
    As a reader of romance novels, I found the hype concerning "Fifty Shades" overblown. That being said, Tomi, I have a ton of romance novels from Danielle Steel, Fern Michaels, Susan Elizabeth Phillips,.. You are more than welcome to borrow some if you like.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Sex drive, it's always been my issue. I'm a thinker and have suffered from depression since 10 and anxiety since around 12. I did get the amazing sex goddess amped drive in my late 20s, just for it to be taken away by a year long stint with SSRIs that left me anxiety ridden for the next 3 years and gaining weight to the tune of 83 pounds over the next 6 years. Oh the joy!

I am gaining some of it back, but it is a work in progress. Is it the weight, the exhaustion from life issues, the health issues, or just my genetic draw? My husband working the opposite schedule and both of us being fat doesnt' really help, either.

I'm reading about this maca root! I read a blog somewhere about a woman with 2 small kids who started having sex with her husband twice a day, adding in toys, and she lost 15 pounds in 2 months and felt happier than she had in years. She did it like a diet, she forced herself at first, and then really started digging it. I would totally sign up, but it would me I would have to get up earlier and stay up later. Maybe I should make Sunday and any other night off he has a 2 sex day/night rule. I doubt it will happen though. If he could find a day job, I would commit to once a day for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    As a reader of romance novels, I found the hype concerning "Fifty Shades" overblown. That being said, Tomi, I have a ton of romance novels from Danielle Steel, Fern Michaels, Susan Elizabeth Phillips,.. You are more than welcome to borrow some if you like.
    awesome! My step daughter has quite a stash too - but I'll let you know if I want to go that direction!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Forcing myself to have sex just sounds like a mental disorder waiting to happen. For me, personally, anyway. I could not do that. When things are good, my sex drive is generally better and I imagine it would continue to improve if it weren't for issues like my current digestive issues and all that. I think I might pick up some maca root for the meantime though. Maybe it will help with anxiety and depression too (some reviews on vitacost said it did). Anything to get me through till my body is behaving better is welcome.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    I'm reading about this maca root! I read a blog somewhere about a woman with 2 small kids who started having sex with her husband twice a day, adding in toys, and she lost 15 pounds in 2 months and felt happier than she had in years. She did it like a diet, she forced herself at first, and then really started digging it.
    What husband would not be TOTALLY on board with this diet strategy????? Thats something I may have to consider - but at our age, 52, we aren't as rambuncious as we used to be! Not sure how many calories you can burn in 10 minutes of mild love making! But it sounds good for the relationship if nothing else!

Maca Root.............. haven't read Mark's post yet........ going there NOW!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Here is the article: Shannon Bradley-Colleary: Longer Marriage = More Adventurous Sex?

I want to try both these methods. For me, it isn't just about wanting it. Hell, I wanted it the other night, but decided to handle it myself bc I get tired of initiating it. And I am soooooo tired of fat people sex. It just isn't what I grew up dreaming about. It is the mental work it takes to forget all of the day's issues, my body issues, tiredness, etc. Maybe if I was DRIVEN by something like maca root, the mountain would seem but a hill and I would "just get it on."

Maca Root on order.......... Amazon.com $6.49 for 100 5.25 mg tablets sig. 3 times per day. I ordered 2 bottles! Will follow up after a couple weeks of taking them.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Hah. Speaking of solid girls -- I went to try on some dresses yesterday, and couldn't help but feel like some of them made me look like a linebacker in drag.

Delicate I have never been. I lift heavy weights and hike -- slowly, but methodically. At points in my life, I have lamented that I wasn't the long and lanky type who could run for miles, but nowadays I'm happy being able to squat under a heavy bar.

I remember during Crossfit there was a lady there who could bang out sit-ups and runs like it ain't no thang. We had a day of deadlifts and every time I went up to the bar, I threw on another ten pounds. She got up to...I want to say 35. I forget what my max was, but it was at least body weight and then some. She was in awe of me. Funny to have her be impressed by my ability to lift heavy, when I had always been so impressed by her ability to jog and crunch!

(And I am still, honestly, impressed by anyone who can do half- or full-marathons. It really isn't for me and my joints, but my hat's off to you. If you need me, I'll be in the gym, grunting under a barbell.)
    I know this post was months ago but I just love it. It's like how everybody with straight hair wishes they had curly hair and everybody with curly hair longs for straight hair. I guess it's all just learning to love what yourself no matter what. Slowly getting there myself and learning to focus on what my body is capable of doing instead of what it LOOKS like.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...