Page 173 of 183 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 173

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Aging is weird isn't it? I had a hard time turning 30 - but thats the only number that really bothered me. I have had a hard time watching my face change, and my body sage. I had a pretty lousy self-esteem in my younger years, and I always felt my only good asset was my looks -- no beauty queen - but I was not ugly either. I remember finding my first grey hair! I almost cried! My ex husband was 14 years my senior so growing old "with" him was never an option - when we got married he was already 35 and to my 21 he already looked old! I thought I needed to stay looking young to be attractive to him. We divorced when I was 40 and he confessed that he had never been in love with me anyway. Now I'm married to a man my same age and growing old together is just a hoot! We laugh at the changes we are going through. I still don't want to look like an old woman though - even though I know he will still love me - I mean, gaining 75 pounds didn't hinder his love for me - so why should a few wrinkles and a white head of hair? You know what I hate MOST about the changes in my body? My belly! You know that wonderful saggy under the belly button thing? I remember watching Mrs. Doubtfire when Robin Williams was putting on the body suit -- I almost died! I thought............. oh my heavens.......... thats what I look like! UGH! My husband says I'm pretty damn sexy --- I don't see it. I see grossness when I look in the mirror. I'm hoping I will find peace with my aging body when I get the rest of this blubber off me and can look in the mirror and say, "okay, thats not so bad for a woman my age". I want to be able to accept that when my husband tells me I'm beautiful and sexy --- he's not just hoping to get lucky!

Okay - I'm done rambling now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    I am only 47, but I've had the same experience as you since going Primal: periods are now every 28 days apart. For the entire year prior to PB (started July 2012) I had my period every 3 months. I never had the hot flashes, but I no longer get the crazy meltdown angry intense feelings the few days prior to my period! I love it. I was not ready for menopause.

My estrogen is normal but my progesterone is low. That still makes me estrogen dominant. I tried a bioidentical progesterone cream about 3 years ago and it was horrible; even at a 1/2 dose. I felt like I was in shock. I'm sure my already low BP tanked. I will not do it again unless I have a severe medical need.
    Personally with my risk factors I would be very unhappy and take action if I was very estrogen dominant. I wonder if you were rushed into your progesterone, maybe it should have been started very slowly? I have no idea. Maybe it was overdone. I think I would want more investigation. I am really careful about hormones added to meat etc. Lucky to have a store very close that sells it. Scary stuff.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    There are some parts about aging you cannot change without consequences. I have to stop comparing my aging process to others and take the best care of myself that I can 'naturally'. That means eating well, exercising and taking steps to reduce stress.

I would not take hormone replacements to avoid getting old. I think our age (mid to late 40s) is a tough one for many: still young enough to identify with the 20-30s and not wanting to identify with the 50s-60s but unable to really blend in well with either group. We are really 'tweenies!
    I have felt a little confused, but am really happy with my age and where I am now The only reason for hormones for me are purely health reasons. I am feeling better and stronger than I was in my 40s. I will be very happy when I can say a final goodbye to my monthlies again. I don't really care about age. I find I blend decently with all ages, maybe because my kids are over 25.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    There are some parts about aging you cannot change without consequences. I have to stop comparing my aging process to others and take the best care of myself that I can 'naturally'. That means eating well, exercising and taking steps to reduce stress.

I would not take hormone replacements to avoid getting old. I think our age (mid to late 40s) is a tough one for many: still young enough to identify with the 20-30s and not wanting to identify with the 50s-60s but unable to really blend in well with either group. We are really 'tweenies!
    I love that! Tweenies We really are. I don't feel 46. I mean 46 is old right? My parents and grandparents were younger than that when they had grandchildren. My Uncle died at 45. One of my grandfather's at 35. I feel young still. Like I am just starting to live. So...I guess I am worried my body will betray the mindset. BUt you are right. I should not take meds just to remain young. My body will age as it sees fit and it's my job to do my best to keep it healthy.

I
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    On the other hand, bio-identical estradiol and progesterone can help a woman get through debilitating perimenopausal/menopausal symptoms. IMO, each woman must make the decision to take, or not take, HRT from an educated position with the help and guidance of her doctor.
    Agree. I was going through a super-plus tampon every 20-30 minutes, and my periods were lasting 7 or 8 days. I was a wreck and really couldn't function as an adult. My moods were all over the place, like PMS on overdrive, I couldn't sleep, and I was gaining weight for no apparent reason.

I tried progesterone and was amazed that the symptoms went away within a couple of days. When it ran out, I tried a different (cheaper) brand and everything came right back almost immediately. I got more of the original (Kokoro) and everything was normal in a few days.

Had I not taken the progesterone, I literally would not have been able to hold a job, especially the one I have now, since I'm out in my truck, having to use public restrooms every day. Plus, I'd probably be anemic, not to mention a PMS-y shrew.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I had a similar experience with progesterone cream: excessive bleeding to the point where I couldn't safely go any where. Used the progesterone cream for 2 weeks and the following period was completely normal. That was in mid September and I haven't had a period since so I'm not sure what's going on. I also lost a little weight after using the cream. BTW my doctor wanted to use a much more expensive and invasive procedure to control the bleeding.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I had a similar experience with progesterone cream: excessive bleeding to the point where I couldn't safely go any where. Used the progesterone cream for 2 weeks and the following period was completely normal. That was in mid September and I haven't had a period since so I'm not sure what's going on. I also lost a little weight after using the cream. BTW my doctor wanted to use a much more expensive and invasive procedure to control the bleeding.
    Same thing here. My doc wanted to do an endometrial ablation (from what I understood, cauterizing my uterus), but since getting pregnant after that would be potentially lethal, it would mean getting my tubes tied in addition to the ablation.

I had been using the cream successfully for a few months, so we decided to use the Mirena progesterone IUD, which has worked well with me (not so well with other people, though). When this 5-year round is up in 3 years, I'll probably just remove it and use the cream again if I have the same bleeding, but I doubt it would be as bad anyway.

My best friend had the ablation done instead, and she was great for a few months, but it slowly came back and it was like she never had the procedure at all after about a year.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

digital_ruse is offline Junior Member
    So on the topic of aging (a few posts back), I think I've hit the magic age when you feel like you own your life for the first time. I'm 30 (for a month now) and I thought I'd be upset about the loss of my youth, ect, all those other dramatic thoughts I had when I turned 25 (why it was so upsetting for me, I have no idea.) But I'm so much happier now. I feel like I OWN my life. I feel sexier, prettier, more capable, more confident. If things continue in this upward trand, I'm totally OK with getting older.

On that topic too, I have no idea if it's my age (I hear this happens) or the way I'm eating, but my sex drive is way way higher now too. TMI maybe, but there it is

tomi is offline Senior Member
    digital_ruse --- good for you for having such a great outlook! I'm sure it translates into how you present yourself and others can see you glowing!

As for sex drive............ honey, you're in your PRIME! 30 is the magic number for us ladies! You'll stay pretty much where you are until the hormones start to go south at menopause. ENJOY! Hopefully there is a Mr. Ruse who will be benefiting as well!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    As for sex drive............ honey, you're in your PRIME! 30 is the magic number for us ladies! You'll stay pretty much where you are until the hormones start to go south at menopause. ENJOY! Hopefully there is a Mr. Ruse who will be benefiting as well!
    I'll be 30 in a few months and I hope I experience this! Decreasing stress after we move will hopefully help as well. But to hear that early 30s are a good age for sex drive is nice.