Page 171 of 183 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 171

patski is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I hate pads. I feel disgusting wearing them.

I still need to look into the DivaCup........even though I'm not entirely crazy about having to empty/clean the thing......
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I like the cloth pads. I get a rash from the disposable kind too. The cloth ones breathe and feel good. I have a little bag for them in my purse when I go out and put any used ones in a ziploc until I can get home and rinse them. I just rinse mine really well and them throw them in with my regular laundry. I use 100% cotton flannel ones--not sure if the PUL ones would be irritating for me or not. I have the ones with removable liners and find sometimes it's handy. I can turn over the insert and use the other side (weird but useful).

For the gym or other times when I don't want a pad, I use organic cotton tampons, which cause less cramping for me, but ymmv. I'm considering trying a cup now that they're considered ok for iud users.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

CrisN99 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    i've tried different brands. I will try to search for some cotton ones, but there not as easily found here at least not in the normal stores; be it discount, grocery, or drug store.

I'm thinking it is the thin plastic covering that seperates the pad from the person to keep them dry. Or i here here they bleach them. Not sure if this is true.
    Etsy for cotton pads, and definitely look into a moon cup or diva! I can't use tampons either.
    Cris

Start: 221
    CW: 215
    Goal: 150
    5'3 , 31 years old.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm so glad that part of my life is over! Menopause is bliss!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I just came here to feel sorry for myself and commit a short rant:

I was diagnosed with uterine prolapse this week. My cervix was half way down my vagina. Crap. I knew that was it. I am certain my heavy lifting over the past 2 years accelerated the problem of underlying muscle weakness. I'm 47 with 4 pregnancies and 3 births.

I was fitted with a silicone pessary (kind of like a diaphragm) on Monday and I feel great! I haven't been able to lift heavy things because any bearing down makes the damn thing slip a bit. I can run! First time in a month.

Why me? I do everything correctly: never been overweight, eat relatively well, don't smoke, exercise a ton since I was 20.

Blech.

Anyone else living with this here? How do you maintain strength training when your uterus wants to see the outside world?

~Pam

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

tomi is online now Senior Member
    well - that doesn't sound like any fun at all! Certain parts of us are supposed to be on the inside! I suppose if you're all done having kids you could have the dang thing removed! Problem solved! and no more periods too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    well - that doesn't sound like any fun at all! Certain parts of us are supposed to be on the inside! I suppose if you're all done having kids you could have the dang thing removed! Problem solved! and no more periods too!
    I will consider a hysterectomy only after menopause unless this pessary ring fails to solve the problem. I am one of those crazy ones that just can't let go of that period. I love getting it. I think it makes me feel younger and healthy, especially since it has come every 28 days like clockwork since I started PB. That still leaves my cervix, though. They must tie that darned thing up.

it is really painful/uncomfortable. Lots of pressure and a pulling sensation as the ligaments that hold the uterus get stretched. I am happy to say I ran 3 miles yesterday and 2 more today! Very slowly, but I did it.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    I will consider a hysterectomy only after menopause unless this pessary ring fails to solve the problem. I am one of those crazy ones that just can't let go of that period. I love getting it. I think it makes me feel younger and healthy, especially since it has come every 28 days like clockwork since I started PB. That still leaves my cervix, though. They must tie that darned thing up.
    Do you think if the uterus was gone, the cervix would be more inclined to stay where it belonged? I had a hysterectomy at 42 and figured it would send me into menopause, because I had all the symptoms of PCOS except the cysts. I actually have a fairly regular cycle now?? If you keep your cervix, you will likely still have a spotty-type period. Apparently the tiny bits of uterine tissue attached to the remaining cervical tissue function as if the whole thing is there. According to my Dr., it does require an abdominal incision, because a vaginal incision will necessarily take out the cervix in order to get the uterus. In my case, my monster fibroids made a vaginal removal impossible anyway, so my desire to keep my cervix wasn't a problem.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I had a hysterectomy 6 years ago (they took everything out). I stopped my HRT about 2 months ago. Wondering if anyone else has done this and what the results were. I don't want to take it unless I have to but I also don't want my body to go anzy more downhill than it is. I have noticed some hot flashes but not so bad I can't handle him. My hair is really shedding though and I am wondering if that is a side effect.

Ideas? Comments? Help?
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

CC75 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm so glad that part of my life is over! Menopause is bliss!
    I'm glad I don't have to deal with that any more too....