Page 169 of 183 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 169

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to share that I've crossed the 20lbs gone threshhold! A big loss this week took me to 21.6lbs gone since February. It's amazing how easy this has been as long as I've been patient. No huge losses, generally, just a slow 1lb week, nothing the next type of journey. But I'm down to what I weighed when we first decided to have kids over 5 years ago!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Way to go teach2183!!!!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Yeah Teach2183 Good job!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Well done Teach!

Oh dear!
    It seems I have stepped onto that slippery slope of having just a meal off then a day off to now finding myself 'starting over' today after a day off from eating all that is good for me and putting crap into my body!!!

I am quite frustrated with myself. What is it about food that creates such a disconnect between what we know is right to nourish ourselves and what we actually punish our bodies with? I feel like crap today and felt my joints inflamed on my morning walk so could only walk a short way but I did find a pull up bar in a local park that I hung from (not anywhere near a pull up yet)

but there is only one course of action and that is to step back on to the path and keep on walking right?

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Oh dear!
    but there is only one course of action and that is to step back on to the path and keep on walking right?
    Exactly. One thing that is great about this WOE is that you can take 2 steps forward and 1 step back as you get started and still have some success. As you have more and more success, you won't want the old stuff as much either.

^ agree. The longer you find yourself feeling good - the less you want to eat what will make you feel crumby. Thats a nice benefit of staying the course.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thanks Teach and Tomi, I know what you both say is true which makes my point about that disconnect.
    I have felt great and have not been craving but that 'voice' inside that says why not sometimes sneaks past the logical part of my brain. Even though I know the consequence which is just plain crazy.

Anyway I am appreciative of the support (I need it) and am back on track today with a lovely broccoli, bacon and lard breakfast and marinated pork neck with sage, garlic, olive oil and lemon zest and Caesar salad for dinner. Feels good to be back in control

phigment is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering does anyone get inflamation down there during ttom. I seem to get really red and raw by the end and it finally clears up about a 1.5 weeks before i start again. I'm thinking it's the pads i use, but don't know of any other option that are hygenically acceptable.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you can always try tampons.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation