Page 168 of 183 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 168

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    SB -- how long has it been since you've had your "yearly" visit with a gyn? And I don't mean to be pushy - but belly buttons shouldn't crust either........... maybe you have a body fungus? They do happen.......... and can be nasty. My grandmother had it on her ears and they are alwasy white a crusty looking. Nothing a little anti-fungal ointment can't clear up.

Listen to your gal pals here............ go to the doc.

Onalark............... big congrats on the prego! There will be a little Onalark-ette or Onalark-dude joining us soon!

Just for information sake............. after I breastfed my son - who is now 26 so it was 25 1/2 years ago -- I continued to lactate for many years afterwards! If I held a baby.......... boom........ I could feel the milk drop and my bra would get wet --- once I dreamed I was breastfeeding and when I woke up (lying on my stomach) the sheets had big wet spots from the discharge (milk?). And for nearly 20 years I would "dribble" under the right circumstances. I never mentioned it to the doc - but now, after working for an endocrinologist, I realize that its just not normal. I used to joke that I could easily be a "wet nurse" if I needed a new vocation. I probably should have had my prolactin levels checked. But - about the time menopause was beginning it all stopped. Since my hormones are all flatline now - I guess theres nothing to trigger the leakage.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I have always had crusty stuff in my belly button, even as a kid. I really think this is all just sweat and dead skin build-up. I'm not one to scrub when I wash up. My skin is too dry to do a lot of stuff to it and I've never been one to use girly products on myself.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

okay --- try Olay body wash extra moisturizing - I think it has shea butter in it. Sorta yellow container. I used to have super dry skin - to the point where I would scratch until I bled! I use this stuff - and don't even need to put on a lotion after I shower - and no more itching.

try --- and wash that belly button girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Thank you Thank you for this post! I'm a newbie lurker now as well, only been at this for a little over 3 weeks, and the pounds are not magic melting off me either. I'm just bouncing around the same 3 lb range. I suppose that's good as I'm not gaining weight. I'm trying to figure out if this is just the weight I'm supposed to be or what. I've basically been healthy through life and pretty much thin. But after a personal tragedy I gained what seemed like a lot of weight for me, I'm 5'7" and went from 135 to 156. Got down to 140 on WW but want to be at 130. I stumbled onto this WOE and the website through a coworker and it all just made so much sense! Anyway, sorry this is kind of scattershot but it's nice to be reminded that everybody's journey is a different but we still need to just keep finding what works.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Oops, was trying to respond to a specific post I read but don't know how this all works very well yet...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Onalark............... big congrats on the prego! There will be a little Onalark-ette or Onalark-dude joining us soon!
    Thank you. And she's an -ette. We got to find out at week 14 because I'm old enough to warrant fancy new genetic testing, which means they knew the gender the moment they started squinting at her DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Oops, was trying to respond to a specific post I read but don't know how this all works very well yet...
    click on "reply with a quote" at the bottom of the window you are wanting to respond to. Then you can delete out parts that you don't want to respond to or aren't relevent. then just type under the part your responding to Try it again if you want and then we'll all know who you were talking to
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Thank you. And she's an -ette. We got to find out at week 14 because I'm old enough to warrant fancy new genetic testing, which means they knew the gender the moment they started squinting at her DNA.
    Awesome! You must be so excited! but - seriously dear - by your picture I would guess you to be 25 at best! So not sure what "old enough to warrant........... " means.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Awesome! You must be so excited! but - seriously dear - by your picture I would guess you to be 25 at best! So not sure what "old enough to warrant........... " means.
    Ha ha. Much appreciated, but I'm on the slippery side of 30.

Good genes. Really good genes. And butter.

Uh, anyway. When you're past 35, doctors start to get skittish about pregnancy. I had at least two friends go into caution mode about how hard it would be to get pregnant "at your age", and that I would be classified as "high risk", and a birth center birth would NOT be an option. Aside from the miscarriage in July (which can happen to any prospective mother, regardless of age), I've had a fairly good pregnancy, and while we won't know if we're on track for a birth center birth for many weeks yet, there's nothing stopping me so far.

Also, number of times we've "tried" since April: three. Number of times I've gotten pregnant: two. Hmm. Yep. I'm gonna say it again: really good genes and butter.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Very interesting to read lately! Tomi, I agree that isn't normal. I dried up in about 3 weeks! Although at the end it was a slow weaning process where DS went from once a day to once every couple days and then just stopped. Nice to have my body back (when he's not climbing all over me).