Page 166 of 183 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1821

Thread: She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us page 166

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I recently got my hormones tested (at day 19 of my cycle, was told anywhere in the 19-21 day range would be good as I should be ovulating). My progesterone was REALLY low, all else was fine. TSH showed up as close to the low end of the normal range they provided. The doctor said it was fine, but I still want to get full thyroid testing. Anyone ever had TSH show up within a normal range, but have unusual/bad readings for T3 or T4?

Anyway, the office I go to is rather holistic, and the gyn I spoke to recommended trying Vitex every day for a few months to see if it helps with my PMS symptoms. I actually have Dong Quai too, but I noticed increase nipple hair (!!!) after about a week of taking it. I did take 2 capsules, perhaps I should have only taken one (I forgot what the amount per capsule is). Anyone experienced that, or tried both Vitex and Dong Quai and have a preference? The gyn said she doesn't usually recommend DQ, but couldn't really say why.

I am hoping that these supplements will alleviate really terrible mood swings for the week prior to my period, and the debilitating cramps I started getting. This all started within the last 3-4 cycles.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I haven't really been reading this thread, but NW's post came up in my friends' activity. Increased nipple hair. This is why I should carefully check out the thread title, LOL!

HAHAHAHA

Aaahh

Sorry FW

My own fault. But you know, every time I read your posts, the first thing that's gonna come to mind will be...

tomi is offline Senior Member
    oh dear....... precisely why this is titled "she-groks.......... " We talk about all kinds of personal girl things!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Nipple hair? I didn't know hair grew there. I got other things going on there, though, like the bumps are really big (can see them through a bra and a shirt) and one of them even hangs off, and it almost looks like I have dried puss stuck in the pores.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Namelesswonder, have you looked into using progesterone cream? If you are low on progesterone this may be the way to go. It's a natural form of progesterone and easily assimilated by your body w/o side effects. I used it for excessive bleeding and it worked. I was skeptical because it seemed too subtle, you just put a dab of it on your body (doesn't matter where) twice a day, for my condition I used it for 2 weeks of my cycle.

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    It's funny that women are constantly preaching equality, yet they are the FIRST to admit that they are weaker. Hmmmm....

Well, hair on the areola, technically. It usually looks like peach fuzz, very light hair that I can find over the rest of my torso, but it got longer and darker! I actually plucked them out (it didn't hurt that much, but maybe I'm a masochist haha) and they have not regrown, but I did switch to the Vitex from the Dong Quai. We'll see!

The gyn told me to try Vitex before the progesterone cream. [[shrug]] I figure I'll use this since it's what I have now and I'm all about using what I've got to save money.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I recently got my hormones tested (at day 19 of my cycle, was told anywhere in the 19-21 day range would be good as I should be ovulating). My progesterone was REALLY low, all else was fine. TSH showed up as close to the low end of the normal range they provided. The doctor said it was fine, but I still want to get full thyroid testing. Anyone ever had TSH show up within a normal range, but have unusual/bad readings for T3 or T4?
    It 's hard to see what's going on with statements like "close to the low end of the normal range" and "unusual/bad readings". Do you have tests results you could share? If so, please include reference ranges.

Normal TSH and low T4, low T3 may indicate secondary hypothyroid. In secondary hypoT pituitary function is impaired.
    Hypothyroidism - secondary: UCLA Endocrine Surgery Encyclopedia

Other things that can impact thyroid function include:
    1. Not eating enough
    2. Going VLC long term
    3. Not enough selenium. 200 mcg/day is needed
    4. Low ferritin
    5. Low Vitamin D
    6. Over exercising